Talk

Advanced search

3 days late, no sign of AF, several BFNs

(9 Posts)
Bumperlicioso Fri 23-Oct-09 08:48:26

Been TTC for 4 or 5 months. This month for the first time AF didn't come after 28 days. I'm 3 days late and have tried about 6 HPTs in the past week, all BFN (some of the were the cheapy ebay ones, then I cracked and spent a tenner on Clear Blue - now I've none left!).

Help! The waiting is agonising! I just wish it wouldn't fecking come so I know either way. Any advice? What other symptoms should I be looking out for?

BPiggy Fri 23-Oct-09 11:09:17

you may get a metallic taste in your mouth, that's a good sign of pregnancy also your boobs will start to hurt. Try the clear blue digital that's a really good one.

GOOD LUCK

muchchocolate Fri 23-Oct-09 11:19:24

Just to say the same happened to me earlier this month and I was getting BFN when my period was 4 days late. I decided to not test again till it was a week late and hey presto BFP.

Its hard but if you can help it its best to wait another few days and test then if its still not come as you can drive yourself mad not to mention spend a fortune on testing kits.

I found one of the symptoms that I was incredibly hot and funny taste in my mouth.

I totally feel for you as the wait is agonising - good luck!

Loujalou Fri 23-Oct-09 11:26:44

Sorry to hijack but would you say taste was metallic funny or just funny. As I have had a funny taste in mouth but not sure its metallic but not due to Tuesday.

Bumperlicioso Fri 23-Oct-09 14:30:52

Thanks for the tips. Hmm, hard to tell if there is a funny taste in my mouth through the mint chocolate Lindt grin

Bumperlicioso Sun 25-Oct-09 09:37:41

Argggh! Still no period - still negative. I've had a very tiny amount of spoting when using a bit of tissue to <ahem> investigate if my period is coming but that has been for 2 days so assumed my period was coming, but it hasn't made an appearance yet. Still BFN. Help!

ShowOfHands Sun 25-Oct-09 09:43:31

It's possible that you ovulated late and either your period is late or you will be later to get a BFP. Ovulation can be delayed by stress or illness. You may also have had an anovulatory cycle where you don't ovulate which is normal every now and then. There's little point spending pounds and pounds on expensive tests whene ebay cheapies are often much more sensitive and just as reliable.

Leave it a few days and test again if no period.

We can't tell you what's happening unfortunately.

Bumperlicioso Sun 25-Oct-09 09:49:00

Why can't you SoH? Hmmm? Why not? grin

I did have ebay cheapies but have run out. Will order some more.

Bumperlicioso Sun 25-Oct-09 17:47:12

Gah, period has come with a vengance! Hmph. 5 days late, what's that all about? Hmmm?

Well, it's wine night tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now