Talk

Advanced search

39, TTC DC2, Just had ectopic - hope required!

(3 Posts)
Scrumdiddlyumptious Wed 21-Oct-09 04:27:25

Hi Everyone. I am 39 and a half and have been trying to conceive DC2 for nearly a year now (DS1 took 7 months). Was hugely excited to fall pregnant but unfortunately had ectopic pregnancy two weeks ago and had my left fallopian tube removed (right one looks healthy). Doctors say that it shouldn't significantly decrease chance but I can't help but feel that our window of opportunity is getting smaller by the day and am devastated not only that the loss of this baby but at the possible loss of any future baby and sibling for DS1 (21 months old). I guess what I am really looking for is positive stories and hope from anyone who has been through/is going through similar. Thanks for listening x

sammylou77 Wed 21-Oct-09 13:49:43

Hi there, just wanted to say that my friend went through an ectopic pregnancy in her late 30s and had to have a tube removed. Within 12 months she was pregnant again, and has now had 2 children (2 separate pregnancies) with no complications. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you, good luck xx

Scrumdiddlyumptious Sat 24-Oct-09 22:26:02

ooh thanks sammylou thats the kind of story I am looking for. I know that every individual is different but trying not to spiral into being too depressed about it by finding out lots of other people have been through it (was offline unexpectedly so didn't post back earlier) x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now