Talk

Advanced search

how many months past tubal ectopic did you wait before ttc again?

(15 Posts)
boodleboot Mon 19-Oct-09 11:52:02

pretty much as the title says i'm looking for some experiences of peeps who have had EP's and how long it was before they started trying again.......i had tubal ectopic 11th sept. just had first period post and feeling mentally and physically stable and chomping at the bit to get started again.....DH wants to wait til after christmas but i think sooner is better....it may take a while and i am as impatient as they come grin

girlwithacurl Mon 19-Oct-09 12:01:28

I waited until I had had one full cycle, so after my first period. The Dr said it was unnessesary to wait longer if I felt emotionally ready. I had a straighttforward laproscopy and tube removed. If you didn't have the tube removed I think you are supposed to wait longer for it to heal properly or you have a higher risk of it happeneing again.

Why does your DH want to wait, perhaps he isn't ready yet emotionally. I think this can really knock your DP, with mine it was the whole "i could have lost you as well" thing, not just the pregnancy. Talk it through with him to see if he needs some extra support!

boodleboot Mon 19-Oct-09 12:11:51

thanks girl

thats the same as i had. i think DH is slightly concerned about me not being ready emotionally. i feel ready and have just had my period and it was ok....i think he is a bit scared. we agreed to try again after christmas but i have decided why wait?

Onlyjoking Mon 19-Oct-09 12:22:20

sorry to see you had an EP.
i found i was pregnant with twins two months after EP and i had had the tube removal too.

boodleboot Mon 19-Oct-09 19:32:41

i think we need to start asap as the longer we leave it the scarier it seems and the longer away a baby in my arms is.....

MrsHappy Tue 20-Oct-09 08:18:35

I know what you mean.
After a laparoscopic salpingectomy my doctor said to wait 3-6 months, preferably 6 but also that it wouldn't matter if I got pregnant sooner (how's that for clarity?!). I don't think I left it more than a few weeks blush. I was just more concerned about not getting pregnant than anything else.
Anyway, the good news is that 4 months later I did get pregnant and everything is fine.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

girlwithacurl Tue 20-Oct-09 14:44:17

I know, I didn't want to wait at all... But remembering the look on my DP face when I was taken down to theatre makes me realise how hard it is for them too. Perhaps an attitude of not *not trying* if you know what I mean. ie. don't use any contraception, but try to take the pressure off by just BD'ing regularly and when you feel like it rather than timing it etc. (thats if you were!)

I am currently on the 2ww and dreading both AF and a BFP... how mad is that!

boodleboot Tue 20-Oct-09 15:11:41

last TTC i was so totally timing it....blush

i suggested to DH that we dont try but dont not try last night (ie THROW THE FRICKIN CONDOMS OUT ME LADDIE.....} - he wasn't keen, said he wasn't'comfortable' with the idea as has only been five weeks since EP and wants to make sure i am mentally ok

i am currently sulking.

and if that doesn't work then i will not be having sex AT ALL til the new year...

that'll learn 'im...wink

girlwithacurl Tue 20-Oct-09 16:04:19

No doubt a couple of weeks of condoms = no sex will result in a U turn from your DH!

boodleboot Tue 20-Oct-09 16:14:50

i know what you mean about the 2ww....who'd of thought AF or BFP would have turned out to be the fertility equivalent of a rock and a hard place....

i just want to fast forward to the bit where i deliver a healthy live baby and it lets out a wail.....

girlwithacurl Wed 21-Oct-09 11:26:36

Getting a bit overexcited as my temp. was up this morning 12DPO. AF due tomorrow. Keep swinging from feeling PMT'ish, to symptom spotting... arrg I hate this bit!

Any news on your DH's stance?

boodleboot Wed 21-Oct-09 15:34:11

i'll be honest....we haven't spoken since! he has been working and then went straight to an evening meeting so i was in bed when he got in watching the real housewives of new york.....he stayed up to watch something else (he hates that prog!!)

just have to wait and see.....

symptoms sound good....this could be your month!!!

girlwithacurl Wed 21-Oct-09 15:48:00

My DP and I can go days without speaking if we are both in a grump... either we are both equally "right" or equally stubborn, I suspect the latter!

Perhaps just leaving it for a bit is the best thing to do, let him mull it over. What CD are you on, is it imperative you "make up" soon?

Perhaps some subterfuge... pin pricks in the condoms, getting him plastered etc wink

boodleboot Wed 21-Oct-09 16:56:58

ha good idea that about the pin pricks....one that i had actually entertained for about 20 mins until i realised that actually waiting for two months is better than lying for the next 60 years about how i 'just happened' to get preggers on condoms....

we both teetotal so that plan is out of the window....wink

I AM ON CD 7 and last time i got preg {with the EP} i ovultated on day 10 or 12 i believe....so pretty well better make up soon....

boodleboot Fri 23-Oct-09 19:56:31

can hardly post for tears....my f*cking useless exH has just rang to tell me that him and girlfriend are having baby. She is nearly 13 weeks....same as what i would of been if not for EP ITS NOT FAIR. ITS NOT F*CKING FAIR....angry sad

So irresponsible of them, he hasn't paid maintenance for the last 5 months and has no job at the moment, to the point where we have had to drop the kids to him as he has no insurance on the car....and his thoughts on it all are 'well at least the kids are going to have a new bro or sis after all....'. Tosser. ITS NOT FAIR.

i give up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now