Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got pregnant after sterilisation? 2 weeks late and concerned :0

(6 Posts)
ErnestTheBavarian Sat 17-Oct-09 15:30:02

dd is 16 months old. Was sterilised during c-section. Doc lopped offe nds of fallopian tubes, not just tied or clamped them and aassured me no way could I get pg again.

But I'm now 2 weeks late. Periods started again when dd was 9 months old, so have had 8 periods, all totally regular as clockwork.

I tested I think on day 6 and 9. both bfn.

Logically, I have had the op, and 2 bfn, so I shouldn't worry should I?

I haven't gone to docs yet, as I am sure he'll just dismiss it as I'm still bf (3 times a day).

So, can I relax and forget about it. If I were pg, it would certainly have shown up when I tested on day 9 wouldn't it? Why is this happening to me? I thought my days of pg angst were behind me!

girlsyearapart Sat 17-Oct-09 18:49:38

oh sounds like you need to go to the docs..

ErnestTheBavarian Sun 18-Oct-09 10:50:04

I suppose I will

ErnestTheBavarian Mon 19-Oct-09 13:45:12

OK, soonest appointment I can get is for next Monday.

I am really panicking now, and can't think of anything else. Tried to speak to dh but he is basically uninterested, convinced that, as I had the op and bfn I can't be. I suppose he's right, but I've never been late like this before, except when I've been pg, and I was warned the op might not be as effective when done immediately after c-section, so I'm more worried it's gone wrong, while he dismisses that and is totally relaxed. I am exhausted and head all over the place today. And paranoid it's becaue I'm pg. doh. Viscious circle. hmm

lucybrad Tue 20-Oct-09 19:16:42

i totally bet your not, and when you find out youll be relived but also slightly disappointed. Your body plays all kinds of tricks. I had the coil in and one day sat at the computer i thought i could feel a baby kick me lol, its happened again over a couple of days so I convinced myslef and bought a test. needless to say I wasnt but was slightly disappointed.

Obviously have now decided to try, so hopefully i will have a real baby kicking insode and not just my mind. grin

ErnestTheBavarian Wed 21-Oct-09 12:42:16

Good luck LB

I did a test yesterday morning (v. early, 5.30) so it was dark and I was bleary eyed. Was bfn. Looked at it a bit later once it was lighter and there was a faint bfp. I know you're not supposed to look at it after 10 mins, so was a bit undecided (understatement) about what to think.

Anyway, went to doc yesterday, and they did a test, which was bfn. But he did an internal scan and there was a dark blob. He said impossible to say if was a developing pg, or a clot or anything else. So they've taken blood and I just have to wait and see.

SO despite having seen doc and had scan, still don't know 100% sure, but it's looking less likely, more likely not than yes, but can't rule it out yet. And still no af of course. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now