Talk

Advanced search

driving myself mad symptom spotting!

(9 Posts)
yada Thu 15-Oct-09 08:27:30

af not due for another 6 days although i did a first responce first thing yesterday morning and got a bfn.

have been feeling queasy for the last few afternnoons though and am really tired, the smell of snack a jacks turned my stomach last night and i started crying at the gmtv report of leona lewis getting hit (ant remember the last time i cried)

is it possible to have these symptoms so early and still get a bfn.

i am driving myself mad and have been here so many times before just to be left gutted, this is my first month of the pill and i can feel all the old feeling of falure coming back.

girlsyearapart Thu 15-Oct-09 08:38:07

same same same!

first month off pill.

not due on till the 18th.

sore boobs, feel queasy(or is it my imagination) keep feeling my tummy..

Had a tiny bit of blood mid cycle that could've been implantation but was prob ovulation or something else.

Did a test last sunday (i know i know waaay too early) which was neg but was feeling guilty as had been on big night out.

It's enough to drive you mad isn't it?!

barbie1 Thu 15-Oct-09 08:41:13

Hi girls

I had early symptoms but didnt get a bfp until cd 32! Dont give up get and good luck

yada Thu 15-Oct-09 08:42:12

forogt to add that i also had the little bleed on the 10th, just like a bit of spotting.

do you think you will hold out till the 18th before doing another test, i am tempted to hand my purse over to someone so i cant buy anymore tests.

lucybrad Thu 15-Oct-09 10:02:49

hi all, i just spent two weeks symptom spotting and convinced myslef i was pg, had all the symptoms only for AF to well and truly get me. I know its difficult and I am the worst for symptom spotting, but I do think that thinking about it makes these symptoms appear.

Good luck tho - hope you are sucessful!!

moonsquirter Thu 15-Oct-09 11:21:50

I think I've had every pg symptom in the book this month but... when something entirely unconnected was stressing me really badly and I forgot to think about symptoms, they all went away. Scary how easy it is to let our minds take over (but I'm still hopeful for this month anyway!!)

I bought a twinpack of tests yesterday but managed to hold off. I have quite an irregular cycle so it's probably too early still, but the urge to poas was sooooo strong! Have promised myself that I can go for it at the weekend if no AF by then...

InTheZenGarden Thu 15-Oct-09 11:25:05

I bought cheap test sticks on eBay, so you can test for 10p instead of the £5 or so it is normally. Still getting the BFNs, but that's because it's way too early for me to test...grin

But yes, you can get symptoms before you get a BFP. The pg test picks up hcg, which isn't what causes symptoms (I think) - thats progesterone (and oestrogen? not sure).

girlsyearapart Thu 15-Oct-09 12:16:31

yada- I have a test upstairs. Taking major will power not to do it.

Am attempting to wait until the 20th if still no period by then.

webby81 Sun 18-Oct-09 20:45:42

im the same i have been feeling all the symptoms since coming off the pill like sore boobs, feeling tire sometimes feeling nauseaus in the morning, no period yet but thnk the pill is still cming out of my system as i was on it for 18 years solid!!!! it drives you mad and cant stop going on all these forums !! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now