Talk

Advanced search

About to start TTC, and i'm nervous

(4 Posts)
SpookyAlice Wed 14-Oct-09 20:32:28

DH and i have decided to start ttc dc2 and i am so nervous. It is something we both want and i am very excited but i am nervous about the morning sickness (i think i am remembering it worse than it was) what DD will think (this is a big worry, i don't want her to think i don't love her anymore) and just generally losing control of my body/life again, not to mention the raging hormones!!!

I know i am being utterly pathetic, but need someone to come and tell me why it is a very good thing.

(DD was a surprise so we didn't have all of this planning)

hellsbelles Wed 14-Oct-09 20:43:09

oh spooky - it's a very good idea. I'm so enjoying DD2....I was such a bloody bag of nerves with DS1 but now I've done it once it all feels that bit easier and I'm wallowing in her babyness. It's a joy.

And yes it will be difficult sometimes for DD but it will also be a very important relationship in her life. A DB or DS is a wonderful gift for her (if only for her to have someone to moan with about how horrible you and DH are when you won't let them stay out late or make them do their homework )

SpookyAlice Wed 14-Oct-09 20:53:11

Thanks Helles smile

I think it is just that it is such a big decision and i'm not sure i will ever feel ready.

I have tried to plan it down to the last detail (time of year with morning sickness, not too close to DD started pre-school etc) when i decided that 'sod it' however it happens it will be fine and we will work around what we have to (i'm a very practical person) so sooner rather than later before i come up with another excuse blush grin

hellsbelles Wed 14-Oct-09 21:34:12

I tried all that planning too - but nature never let's you be that organised really does it?!?? So just go for it - the timing is never perfect or imperfect just whatever it is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now