Talk

Advanced search

Possibility of pregnancy on Microgynon

(11 Posts)
lauraloo09 Wed 14-Oct-09 08:59:49

Hiya hope someone can help me.

I had my first baby in June this year and started using Microgynon Pill again last month and this is the first time i've had my 7 pill free days. I am 3 days into the pill free days and my 'period' still hasn't came. is there a possibility i could be pregnant again? I took a test yesterday afternoon but it was BFN.
Not that this would be a bad thing but with my PND at the moment dont think it could be the best thing to happen right now, I know that must sound terrible to everyone TTC and I wish you all the best of luck with TTC.

Any help is appreciated! x

bunnygirl1980 Wed 14-Oct-09 09:04:34

I was taking Microgynon (until last week!) and "period" always arrived 4-5 days into pill free week so it might just be slow.

Hope that helps!

lauraloo09 Wed 14-Oct-09 09:08:04

thanks bunnygirl x

baiyu Fri 16-Oct-09 19:57:52

My periods didn't retrurn til DS was 17 months... so don't panic!
I did actually get pg first time while on Marvelon so it does happen!

lay82 Tue 20-Oct-09 13:48:25

I was taking Microgynon until two months ago and my period would not come until day 5. x

Muser Tue 20-Oct-09 14:10:40

Oh god, I had such a scare when I went on Microgynon! I didn't come on until around day 5/6 either. I was terrified I was pregnant. Good news is the late start meant it would all be over in 2 days.

Floopy21 Wed 21-Oct-09 10:59:34

Same here, always day 4, 12pm! I've been on it a while, & there have been a couple of missed pill occasions & nothing's ever happened - I think it's a pretty safe pill. Or I'm barren.

thedollshouse Wed 21-Oct-09 11:04:55

When I was on Microgynon, my period didn't come until day 5 either. There were loads of occasions when I missed pills, GP said that skipping a few pills is not enough to cause you to ovulate and that most people who say that they are pregnant after forgetting to take a pill are lying!

However you are not protected the first month that you start the pill and should have been using contraception if you want to avoid pregnancy.

Muser Wed 21-Oct-09 19:30:33

You are protected the first month you take the pills, as long as you start taking them on the first day of your period. If you start on any other day you have to use an additional form of contraception for the first 7 days and then you're fully protected.

Trying4Baby1 Wed 21-Oct-09 20:51:36

Hiya, don'y worry I was on microgynon for years and I always got my period about day 4-5 of pill free week. Hope you don't worry too much!!

Floopy21 Thu 22-Oct-09 10:57:06

That makes me feel much better dollshouse smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now