Talk

Advanced search

PCOS & big mass in uterus - I'm terrified - anyone have them?

(7 Posts)
daisydotandgertie Mon 12-Oct-09 21:00:26

I'm going into hospital for a hysteroscopy tomorrow and I'm terrified of what they'll find.

An ultrasound has shown up a grapefruit sized fibroid, but it was so big it blocked the sonographers view and she couldn't see north of it.

I've seen a consultant and she's diagnosed PCOS from my blood test results along with Insulin Resistance. And said it's a very big mass, but not that it's a fibroid?

Tomorrow evening I'm having a general anesthetic (consultant wouldn't let me have local; said it'd be far too painful) and she's going up my loo-lah with some gas and a camera.

The mass apparently explains why I've had 3 c/ps this year sad.

Does anyone else have both problems?

boodleboot Mon 12-Oct-09 21:33:59

i don't but didn't want to read and run.

sorry to hear about your problems. God bless.

really will pray that all is ok for you.
xx

daisydotandgertie Mon 12-Oct-09 21:41:46

Thank you boodle - your kindness is much appreciated.

daisydotandgertie Tue 13-Oct-09 08:26:15

Seems it's not that common to have both problems.

I'm still not looking forward to it - nor to finding out what they've seen up there.

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 13-Oct-09 09:09:51

daisydot

Have just seen your message and I sincerely hope your hysteroscopy goes well today.

I've had a congenital penundulated fibroid - this is a bell shaped fibroid that hangs into the uterus. This interfered with ovulation as it produced hormones. I use the past tense with this as it was removed surgically.

Also have PCOS as well - that is still present.

daisydotandgertie Tue 13-Oct-09 10:59:40

Attila - Thank you. Am I correct in remembering you have DC despite all these things?

Positive stories are very welcome at the moment. None of this would matter if I wasn't so keen to have a baby. It's the fear of what the consequence might be which is making this especially nerve-wracking.

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 13-Oct-09 13:26:52

Yes I am a parent (as a result of surgery).

Fibroids as well can get very large.

Wishing you all the best with your hysteroscopy later on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now