Talk

Advanced search

Is 5 DPO too early to symptom spot?

(5 Posts)
irishmumwannabe Mon 12-Oct-09 15:56:11

Hello ladies,

just looking for opinions here - crazy symptom-spotter that I am..

made myself a lovely ham and coleslaw sandwich for my lunch today - and made the same for DH. At lunch time - first bite of the sandwich and BOAK. Rang DH - he said he hadn't noticed anything weird abotu teh sandwich but he is a man, and he wolfs down any food you give him. Although if his ham tasted like mine it would be hard not to notice. I'm still retching thinking about it and usually I love ham sandwiches.

Now for the salient information -I have a bloated feeling all day today and weird cramp type pains as well, I am only 5 DPO - so like the title says ... Is it too early?

Loujalou Mon 12-Oct-09 17:07:26

Its never too early to symptom spot. Though word of warning I have done it the last few months and completely convinced myself that I was preggers but have not been so far.

Implantation apparently happens between 6 and 12 days though suppose it could be earlier.

Doesn't mean I won't be symptom spotting this month too!

pseudscorner Mon 12-Oct-09 18:35:55

I would say the opposite to Loujalou - it's always too early to symptom spot (well until you get a positive test anyway), because it's so easy to convince yourself you're preggers when you're not and then be very disappointed.

You may be preggers, or you may be about to come down with a bug, or it could just be one of those random things with no explanation.

But good luck anyway - I hope you are

irishmumwannabe Mon 12-Oct-09 19:00:41

Thanks ladies - I know it's far too early tosymptom spot - but still do it. God knows I would love it if it ws. Ah well fingers crossed = I'll let you know. :-)

mmmmmchocolate Mon 12-Oct-09 20:06:39

I noticed symptoms a few months back when i was only a few DPO I had waves of nausea, bloated down below and sore boobs. I even posted on here about it because I thought I was being stupid to havw these feelings before I was even late!! Im 8 and a half weeks preg now and feeling awful!!! My reasoning is second time around I knew my body better. You never know!! Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now