Talk

Advanced search

Is it just arbitrary when you become fertile again after having a baby?

(4 Posts)
FlightAttendant Wed 07-Oct-09 21:33:15

I'm wondering how it is worked out iyswim

I had ds1, breastfed for 16 months, period came back a month after that.

Had a long gap - ds2 born four years later, breastfed till now, still has a lot of feeds and just got my first period since he was born. He's 28 months old.

why would it take so long this time? Do you think I should be worried about anything gynae related that could have stopped it?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Angifi Tue 13-Oct-09 05:12:27

Sorry, I don't have any answers for you, I am bf my ds(14 months) and have no sign of af returning.I am hoping I don't have to wait until he is over two! I imagine, for you it may be because your ds has been feeding a lot?Will you see a gyno about it?
i am taking b6 and vitex in the hope that it will get the eggs moving again!I'm seriously running out of time (biological clock).
I guess it is just different for everyone.One of my friends was mortified when her period resumed at 6 weeks pp, and her baby was demand fed.

pseudscorner Tue 13-Oct-09 12:51:13

I think it must be arbitrary - or maybe it depends on how sensitive your body is to prolactin.

My DD was breastfed on demand until 1 year old, but my periods came back when she was 5 months old

Some women I know didn't get their periods back until they had stopped breastfeeding all together.

So I would say you are probably just one of those lucky people who periods take a long time to come back whilst you are breastfeeding, and there's nothing to wrong about

Are you TTC?

pseudscorner Tue 13-Oct-09 12:52:01

worry not wrong

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now