Talk

Advanced search

Help is much needed.....

(5 Posts)
PinkiePoo Wed 07-Oct-09 13:37:21

Hey all...

I am a childless 26 yr old with much needed advice. Around about the 12th September i cam off the pill. A week later.....19th Sept, me and my partner had intercourse. I have not had a period, I have bad cramping, in lower abdomen and back and today had mild spotting which was brown. I feel tired and am needing the toilet a little more than usual.
Yesterday i took a test which was negative, so i'm thinking is this to do with coming off the pill? or did I take the test to early??

what to do???? x

MyMyFruityPie Wed 07-Oct-09 18:05:44

Hey Pinkie

Just bumping you up as I am sure that there are more experienced people who could give advise.

I think that it may be too early to test. It will be hard to say what your regular cycle is having come off the pill but you would be on about 25 days from the start of your last period. Maybe give it another week or so if your period has not arrived.

Good luck

B1984 Wed 07-Oct-09 18:29:50

hi pinkie,i`d agree with fruitypie,do the test again after few days.
bad cramping and tiredness sound very familiar indeed,those were my very first symptoms,going toilet often, comes later.
good luck,i hope the outcome is the one you want.

rainbowdays Wed 07-Oct-09 18:44:17

Hi pinkie - had you considered the possibility that you have a urine infection, UTI? Feeling tired and needing to wee alot and cramping and backache could all be due to this or cystitis too.

Since you have just come off the pill it will possibily take a while for your body to get back to normal and your period may be later than you expect.

It is also a little early to be testing as if you do go to a regular 28 day cycle, then your period would not be due for another couple of days anyway. So I would suggest you wait a few days before considering doing any further tests.
HTH

PinkiePoo Wed 07-Oct-09 23:07:49

Yeah I am quite positive I am not, just gonna wait till next week and if still no period will test. If still a negative I will put it down to my body readjusting itself without the pill.

Thank you for the advice folks :-) x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now