Talk

Advanced search

Friend is very down about ttc and I'm seven months preg WWYD?

(4 Posts)
scattercushion Wed 07-Oct-09 10:40:01

Friend has had numerous miscarriages after her DC was born and has been trying everything under the sun to conceive again. She has become a bit distant from me since I got preg and I heard yesterday that she burst into tears in the street when someone asked her how she was. I want to help but how? My glaring great bump just seems so tactless. Is it not my place to comfort?

MummyWantsANewBag Wed 07-Oct-09 11:36:21

I can remember being in your friends situation and it was just rubbish. Maybe send a card, just saying 'I know you're having a rough time, I'm thinking of you, get in touch if you want a cuppa' type thing? Then if she is upset when she gets the card she can have a private cry, but knows you are thinking of her but the ball is in her court so it puts her in control. TBH I doubt she will want to cry on the shoulder of someone who is 7m pg, but at least it shows you are still there and supportive in a tricky situation.

scattercushion Wed 07-Oct-09 12:00:46

i see her out and about quite a lot so I don't know if a card would be weird but it is a very nice thought. Maybe I will do it!

MyMyFruityPie Wed 07-Oct-09 14:18:47

The card sounds perfect. I am in her position ttc number 1. She will appreciate it but you should enjoy your pregnancy, do not feel guilty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now