Talk

Advanced search

If you had a mirena out how long did it take to conceive / get into regular cycle afterwards

(9 Posts)
fakeblondie Tue 06-Oct-09 13:35:36

I had my mirena out on 1st sep. Started a period i think about 5 days later-had a good heavyish 6/7 day period.
That was over 4 weeks ago.
Neg pregnancy test but no sign of period.
I`m just wondering how long it took people to get back into a normal cycle-or conceive after a mirena removal.
Cheers

ReneRusso Tue 06-Oct-09 13:41:42

I had a normal cycle almost straight away, although I can't remember if that first cycle was a long one or not, but certainly by the 2nd month it was normal. It then took me about 8 months to conceive, but I'm 38 so that's a factor as well. I have heard of people conceiving straight away after Mirena.

fakeblondie Tue 06-Oct-09 13:44:55

Thanks rene

barrenbrook Tue 06-Oct-09 13:48:43

I had one very light period then fell pregnant (but m/c) and had no idea of my cycles (ahhh, those were the days!) Have since gone back to a regular 28 day cycle and now fortunately only have peroids that last 3 days max. Before having a Mirena they were soooo painful and heavy!

barbie1 Tue 06-Oct-09 13:53:43

i had mine taken out and fell pregnant after 1 day of bleeding a very small amount, sadly ended in mc....it then took 10 months to fall pregnant again.

My doctor told me to monitor things and if i didnt have a regular pattern after 6 months to go back to check things out...

lucybrad Tue 06-Oct-09 15:07:13

i have just had mine out in september and bled afterwards for a few days but dont think that was a 'real period'. Im in the same boat as not sure what to expect. My sister in law had hers out and caught the first month (shes 35). I am symptom spotting like crazy!!! however took me 7 months last time at 33, and im nearly 38 now...... fingers crossed!

givecarrotsachance Tue 06-Oct-09 15:33:34

Had mine out last Tuesday - now a week today. Spotted until yesterday, now seeing some decent fertile CF, but don't know if it IS. Not keen on catching this month as I would rather clear out the old bod of hormones, but also not wanting to miss the bus so will see if the fancy takes me tonight to BD.

I'm 36, with one DS. Watching this thread with interest.

lucybrad Thu 08-Oct-09 20:16:09

ohhh i say get too it!! would be a shame to waste it! lol

givecarrotsachance Fri 09-Oct-09 10:23:23

LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now