Talk

Advanced search

Not sure what to do...

(6 Posts)
cheekymonk Sun 04-Oct-09 20:05:59

Hi, I am ttc baby no.2. My ds is 4.5 and we have been trying for about a year. DH is forces and has been away for 7.5 months of that time but I feel my weight is our biggest hurdle. My BMI is 49 so I am massively overweight. I am at Weight Watchers and have lost a stone but its going to take some time to get down to a healthy weight.

My periods can be irregular but are usually every 4-5 weeks. I have noticed I get quite down, very achey and feel bloated about 2 weeks before period comes and wonder why my PMT symptoms are so far in advance of the actual period. They never used to be. Actual periods are shorter and less heavy now though which is good.

I am wondering if I have PCOS?? My weight loss has been much slower this time and I notice weight gain is a symptom associated with this. I just doubt a doctor will take me seriously with going in saying I am experiencing fertility problems when I am this size. We would like a baby so much and I feel like it is my fault that we aren't blessed with another. Friends have got pregnant very quickly with theirs but I am aware people try for years with no luck...

Would some of you say I shouldn't even try and must concentrate on my weight first?/ I am 31...

Any advice anyone?

cheekymonk Sun 04-Oct-09 21:25:33

bump

BrokenBananaTantrum Sun 04-Oct-09 21:32:43

I don't know much about PCOS sorry but I am v overweight my BMI is 39 and I have not found that it has affected my fertility so it might be worth looking at other things like the possibility of PCOS

I hope someone else will be along soon to offer better advice

Good luck and well done on loosing a stone thats a great achievement smile

cheekymonk Mon 05-Oct-09 08:23:27

Thanks brokenbanana...

yellowflowers Mon 05-Oct-09 09:31:44

good luck cheekymonk - I am overweight too and trying to get weight down but ignore the people who tell you not to try for a baby - best to start trying now I think and try to get weight down at same time. x

cheekymonk Mon 05-Oct-09 13:54:26

Thanks yellowflowers x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now