Talk

Advanced search

IN NEED OF ADVICE TAKING METROFOMIN&CLOMID.

(4 Posts)
CSparks Sun 04-Oct-09 10:47:13

Hello everyone.

im really after lots of advise.. first time on here,nd not sure of all the abbreviations! lol.

im lead to believe i have POCS,i havent had a period for 2years,so they have me provera.which i took for 10 days and hav my period on the 14th day!
im on day 12 of my cycle(never been so exited to have 1!!lol)and took 100mg clomid,ive also been taking metrofomin 1500mg,i had an internal scan on friday, 1st 1 and said that my folicals are small,they are 6 she said they should be 18 or above to realse eggs(not sure if that mm or what)
to be fair, i havent been given much advice and find it a little frustrating!

i was sick on the clomid. ive constantantly felt un energentic/tired since taken medication.(im genreally quite energentic gym person)just fell like want to curl up on the sofa every day!also feeling dizzy.and was getting massive headaches.whcih have stopped now for a few days!

ive seen comments of here of people releaxing!!?? Gym or chill? lol

really open to loads of advise girlies. x

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 04-Oct-09 11:01:57

I would say neither gym or chill actually.

Who are "they" you are referring to?.

You should be given far more information from the people who are treating your fertility problems. I would speak up about this otherwise nothing will alter.

It sounds like they need to look again at your clomid/metformin combination. The met is probably working as it should but the clomid is less certain. It is not always suitable for all PCOS patients to take as it can raise hormone levels markedly. Your follicle size as well is still very small; it may be that clomid won't work for you ultiamtely (usually women are on this drug for no more than 6 months). I would be asking them about what they intend to do after clomid (its usually injectible drugs).

Side effects like headaches and depression have been reported with clomid usage. Do mention your particular side effects to them though.

CSparks Sun 04-Oct-09 20:12:06

thankyou for you reply.

what do you mean neither chill or gym! lol

i no they should give me more information. somethimes i just dont understand what they are saying!

why do you say they may need to look at the combination of the 2? (hopefully they are aware of what they have perscribed me!well i hope!)

they did say that the most would be 6 cycles for the clomid,they have said if the clomid doesnt work they will consider injection and or puncturing!!??

sometimes just so much to take in!?

are you on the metrofomin or clomid?

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 05-Oct-09 07:12:09

Re your comments:-

"thankyou for you reply".

You're very welcome.

"what do you mean neither chill or gym!"

Am fed up with people saying "relax" as well, its not always the case at all!.

"i no they should give me more information. somethimes i just dont understand what they are saying!".

You need to ask them!!. They won't think you daft for asking questions. Write down anything you want to ask them as well ahead of time. Go with someone as well to these appts if at all possible.

"why do you say they may need to look at the combination of the 2? (hopefully they are aware of what they have perscribed me!well i hope!)"

Well clomid is not always suitable for PCOSers; they may have to up your dosage further to the max of 150mg. Clomid/met work well with some PCOSers.

"they did say that the most would be 6 cycles for the clomid,they have said if the clomid doesnt work they will consider injection and or puncturing!!??"

Injections are the usual treatment in the event that clomid is successful. "Puncturing" is actually a keyhole surgery operation called Laparoscopic ovarian diathermy; this is an op done under general anaesthetic and the surgeon punctures the cystic follicles on the ovaries with an electrical laser or needle.

"sometimes just so much to take in!?"
Oh yes

"are you on the metrofomin or clomid?"
Neither at present, I have PCOS but was not suitable to take clomid (it would have affected my hormone levels to their detriment).

have a look at Verity's website www.verity-pcos.org.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now