Talk

Advanced search

So do we have a baby, or not?

(11 Posts)
flubdub Wed 30-Sep-09 14:50:28

My DP would love another baby. And I would too. We both want a big family, and we have two children already. DS1 is 5 at Christmas, and ds2 is 18months.
Just a couple of concerns really;
we would need to buy a new car as we only have a Saxo atm, which is tiny, and barely big enough for us 4, and also, we live in a cottage where the parking is round the back, and it is a struggle getting our car round the house. There is no other parking near the house.
Would my ds1 feel like thats too many babies at once? He LOVES his little brother, and said he would like another little brother or sister, but he may not feel the same when its born.

Is three children a lot harder than two? With two you can hold one in each hand ifswim, but with three, then theres a loose one!
We are short of money atm, but that is an excuse I could use forever. Me and dp both work part time (me all day, and dp at night) to fit in with the kids.

But we would definately need a new car, and worried about how it will affect the other two. Would the two little ones be too close together?

Eek.

needahand Wed 30-Sep-09 16:08:21

Hi flubdub there was another thread in conception on this yesterday it is called something like "going for 3" or "shall I TTC3". Hopefullly the replies apply to you too. MY DH and I have decided TTC3 DD is 4 and DS 15months.

2greatboys Wed 30-Sep-09 16:21:40

Hi flubdum, I've just found out today that I'm expecting DC3 (I think, very very faint line). The decision to go for a third was so much harder than going from 1 - 2. Our house is only small, and financially it will be a stuggle but the thought of a thid was always at the pack of my mind. I am one of 3 and really close to my siblings especially now we are grown up.

Good luck with what every decision you decide.

flubdub Wed 30-Sep-09 17:05:52

CONGRATULATIONS 2GREATBOYS!! So you'll be changing your name then? lol

Thanks needahand I will take a look at that thread now. smile

flubdub Wed 30-Sep-09 17:11:05

Eek, i cant find it. I found the No. 4 one. i'll look a that grin

2greatboys Wed 30-Sep-09 17:19:52

Thanks flubdub smile. Still can't believe it to be honest.

needahand Wed 30-Sep-09 17:30:20

would have linked it but am crap and don't know how to do that....will look for exact name and come back

needahand Wed 30-Sep-09 17:31:21

tis called ...decision to have 3. Damn I have just looked it up and have already forgotten

needahand Wed 30-Sep-09 17:32:12

right it is "any experience about decision to have #3"

needahand Wed 30-Sep-09 17:33:06

attempt to link

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/834204-any-experience-about-decision-to-have-3

flubdub Wed 30-Sep-09 17:54:04

And what a perfect link it is too.
Am having a read now, thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now