Talk

Advanced search

BFN on Predictor but the faintist of lines on a superdrug test

(13 Posts)
2greatboys Wed 30-Sep-09 14:03:56

My last 3 cycle's have been between 26 and 31 days. Today is day 31 and did a predictor test at 10.30 am which was negative. No sign of AF although very crampy and achy stomach and lower back. Although determined not to do another test until Friday, I just went out and brought a Superdrug own test which says can be used up to 4 days before period due and at any time of the day.

The faintest of faintest lines appeared within 2 minutes, the control line came up almost straight away.

I know that I need to wait and test again using first wee but dare I have a glimmer of hope??

boodleboot Wed 30-Sep-09 14:50:58

a line is a line is a line.

faint or not. congrats xx smile

2greatboys Wed 30-Sep-09 15:06:30

Thanks for replying boodleboot, I just can't believe it smile.

I keep looking at the test to check I'm not imagining it because it's really faint.

Will test again in the morning, so keeping my fingers crossed.

mousemole Wed 30-Sep-09 16:11:18

I read on another thread that the Superdrug tests are really good, in that they pick up really early. I bought a pack last month ( ttc #3) and I noticed the level of hcg they can detect is much lower than other tests ( 10 rather than 20/25 of other test). So, I would say this is very good news smile

2greatboys Wed 30-Sep-09 16:40:55

Thanks mousemole, just shown the test to my DH and he's thrilled to bits. If I definately am (and all goes well - fingers crossed) I'll be due on his birthday smile smile

mousemole Wed 30-Sep-09 16:44:25

ah that is so great ! Do you have 2 boys ? ( guessing by your name ) . I have 2 boys too, aged 2 and 4 and ttc number 3. Not proving as easy as the last two times though- this is cycle 5 and the other 2 happened on cycle 1 ! My two ds's had edd of my birthday as well - one came the day after ( don't recommend a birthday in labour) and the other a week after my birthday. If I have been lucky this month it would be due a week after my birthday ! Very happy for you and your line grin

2greatboys Wed 30-Sep-09 17:06:50

Thanks smile. My boys are 8 and 6, so I've left quite a gap. I got pregnant on the 1st and 2nd cycle last time, but this time has taken longer. Stopped taking my pill end of Jan this year after I ran out and never got another prescription. Did tell my DH that I wasn't on the pill and he said if it happens it happens (for me that was a yes to baby number 3 grin), but for the last couple of months he decided he really would like another too!

Good luck mousemole and hope you get a line really soon!

mousemole Wed 30-Sep-09 17:38:31

how lovely ! My husband wasn't sure about number 3 but now that it is taking a while to happen he is suddenley very keen and keeps asking me if I think I am pregnant each month ! Thanks for the good luck wishes and good luck for an easy pregnancy to you ! smile

BigusBumus Wed 30-Sep-09 17:43:58

Superdrug tests are ade by Clearblue (as are all the own brabd tests). I know because i used to work for Unipath, who make them.

There is no such thing as a false positive, so a line can ONLY be visable if there is the pregnancy hormone (hcG) in the wee which means that yes, you are pregnant. For sure.

Congratulations!

BigusBumus Wed 30-Sep-09 17:45:06

Pressed "post message" way to early there, should've checked for typos first. Soz...

reservejudgement Wed 30-Sep-09 17:54:33

Congratulations! My boys were 8 and 6 when ds3 was born. I should probably warn you that baby will rule the roost and have you all wrapped around his/her little finger!grin

2greatboys Wed 30-Sep-09 19:02:24

Thanks. Your replies have been so reassuring. Mumsnet is great, there is always someone in the know or who has experienced it themselves.

Thats good to know reservejudgement, its always interesting when someone else has experienced a similar gap, and I'm sure you're right about baby ruling the roost grin. In one way I regret not trying for DC3 sooner, as there will be a big gap. My oldest DS will be 9 when this one arrives. My youngest really loves babies and is so good with my nieces and friends babies. He's always asking if he can have a baby brother or sister.

mspotatochip Wed 30-Sep-09 20:09:30

I have a 3.5 month old now after a very faint line on a superdrug test! tested a few days later and it was dark straight away

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now