Talk

Advanced search

Cervical fluid

(13 Posts)
eveywoo77 Mon 28-Sep-09 15:21:01

hi I hope some one can help!!
DP and I have been ttc 13 months Month 4 50mg clomid (TMI Im sure) but when I went to loo I wiped and found a lump of strechy creamy stuff that looked a little like phleym ukk I know and a smaller amount the next time Im due af tomorrow.
Could it be my plug forming or it it just wishful thinking ?????

randomtask Mon 28-Sep-09 17:02:44

No idea about clomid, just bumping for you.

Good luck!

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 28-Sep-09 17:29:29

Clomid can cause the cervical mucus to thicken so would think this is a side effect of the clomid.

You should be monitored whilst on clomid as it is quite powerful stuff. Not being monitored on it is bad practice.

Have both of you been tested thoroughly, do you have a diagnosis of the underlying problem?. At the very least you should be under the care of a gynae at a hospital unit as you have been ttc for over a year now without success.

eveywoo77 Mon 28-Sep-09 17:43:00

Hiya, we dont have any underlying probs had all tests from hormones to HCG all perfect DP had ST had a little low morphology but was givin tabs to help sort that I have follical tracking but thats it not being monitored I have always had thick fluid but have been keeping a chart on cm but this morning it was a a big lump that was of a pretty solid but plyable its hard to explain but i have never had this before. Im nervously excited I know I shouldnt be but I cant haelp it aaahhhhgggg
xxx

eveywoo77 Mon 28-Sep-09 17:44:22

oh and thatnks for the bumping randomtask xx

eveywoo77 Tue 29-Sep-09 08:29:09

Everybody everybody!!!! Did a test with morning wee and think just think I saw a faint line. I know I should have waited to POAS but it got the better of me Af due today no symps apart from sore boobs and a little sicky feeling but have had them every month since I been on clomid. AAAggghhh its going to be a long few days going to wait till Fri to do another one, havent told DP or DD as dont wait to build their hopes up incase its nothing.
Will keep you posted !!!

randomtask Tue 29-Sep-09 09:09:35

Oooo good luck! Fingers crossed for you!!

eveywoo77 Tue 29-Sep-09 17:41:04

Just an update. Have started with the mild Af pains so think shes on her way, but did have similar pains last week which would have been aroung implantation time but they lasted for 4 days on and off and have never had pains so early before!! Who knows hey??

MyMyFruityPie Tue 29-Sep-09 23:00:14

Good luck eveywoo77!!

FertilityFairy Wed 30-Sep-09 00:10:28

Somw women get a bit of cervical fluid like that just before AF - it's due to a change in oestrogen levels. But others get what you describe during pregnancy. Fingers crossed for you!

eveywoo77 Thu 01-Oct-09 09:03:31

Hi everyone "fertilityfairy" thanks for the advice smilei have read up a little since I was last on here and they all say the same it can be either hormone change due to AF of hormone change due to Prg. Dosent really help me either way (god why does everything have to be so complicated).
Thought I would give you guys an update. STILL NO AF grin imy UC is 25 - 28 but on day 30 now. I checked my fert diary this morning and havent had a 30 since june and have only had 2 this year. So startin to get the excitment bubble in my belly but DP said he dosent want to talk about it till weekend as he cant cope with the hurt when we find out im not cant blame him really will keep you all posted. Hope you all have agood dayxxx

MyMyFruityPie Sun 04-Oct-09 11:13:21

How did it go eveywoo77?? Fingers crossed for you

givecarrotsachance Mon 05-Oct-09 15:34:35

Clomid can affect your cervical fluid which is vital for effective sperm transmission to where it needs to be.

Ironically, this can reduce your chance of C...

You can get special lubricants which replicate the type of cervical fluids made at a natural fertile time. This is NOT normal lubricant which is a sperm inhibitor, even without spermicide. Ask your doctor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now