Talk

Advanced search

What's your temping range?

(10 Posts)
KiwiKat Sun 27-Sep-09 11:57:31

I think I'm temping very low - always have done, and wondering a. what this means in ref to ttc and health in general (am I a cold fish?!) and b. whether it's all in my head and the temps are actually fine. The first part until ovulation is between 36.1 (96.98) and 36.5 (97.6), and during the luteal phase it never gets above 37 (98.6).

Ladies, your thoughts would be very welcome.

helenlouisey Sun 27-Sep-09 13:51:35

Mine seem very similar to yours 36.3 - 36.5 pre ovulation & 36.6 - 37.1 post ovulation, I think you are fine

Antiquarian Mon 28-Sep-09 09:49:49

KiwiKat, my temps are as low as 35.8 - 36.3 before ovulation, and round 36.3 - 36.5 (36.7 when I've been pregnant) in the luteal phase. So I think I must be an even colder fish than you!

Spirael Mon 28-Sep-09 17:28:09

Mine are in a similar range. I usually hang around 36.2-36.5 C pre ovulation, then 36.6-36.9 C post ovulation. The one time I hit 37.0 C was the day I got a BFP, so a sudden unexpectedly high jump seems to potentially bring good news.

My temperatures tend to be .2 higher at weekends, when I take them a touch later due to a desire for a sleep in! They also seem to go up by .1 or .2 the morning after I've had curry... hmm I guess I can see the logic!

KiwiKat Mon 28-Sep-09 21:53:30

Interesting - but does it MEAN anything? As in people with a low basal temp tend to have x or y. I wonder if anyone could shed some light on this.

Meita Tue 29-Sep-09 11:38:21

Kiwikat, I think your temp range is probably quite average. Mine is very similar to yours btw.

If you have really low temps (below 36.0 pre-ovulation) that might be an indication of a thyroid disorder, which might affect your conception chances.

I've never heard anything about it affecting boy/girl outcomes

Antiquarian Tue 29-Sep-09 11:55:57

Hi KiwiKat, I am not sure that it means anything. If it's any help, I have been checked out for a thyroid issue (in case it was overactive, I think that can be related to low or high temps or somethign, and I was losing weight and tired). It was absolutely fine, totally normal.

I also got pregnant first time with DD, and got pregnant again first time, second time TTC, but had a very early miscarriage. I'm in my second month TTC for second DC ... and too early to test (I think).

So, I don't know if that answers your question but as far as I know it's nothing to worry about.

Oh, I just read your post again - did you mean in terms of gender of baby? I am not sure about that at all! I had a girl!

KiwiKat Tue 29-Sep-09 14:18:33

Thanks all for your thoughts and comments. I meant whether the low temp meant that there was an excess or deficiency of hormones or something - it might be relevant in Chinese medicine, that's something I hadn't thought of. If I find out anything of interest, I'll report back.

FanjolinaJolie Tue 29-Sep-09 14:28:18

My pre-ovulation temps are 36.1, 36.2 and 36.3.

Post-ovulation temps are 36.5, 36.6 and 36.7 and when I was pregnant both times temps were 36.8.

mousemole Tue 29-Sep-09 19:53:03

mine are very similar to the above. I have never got above 37. I have had thyroid problems in the past and when I was underactive I went dowm to 35.6 - 35.7.
I think some people are just 'cooler' than others.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now