Talk

Advanced search

Contraceptive Implant being removed soon. How long to start ovulating again?

(6 Posts)
BrokenBananaTantrum Sat 26-Sep-09 14:27:52

I'm 35 and TTC #2. Very lucky with number 1 as got pregant after 1 unprotected sex but i'm older now

Anyone know how soon I'll ovulate after having the implant removed and how I can help myself get fertile?

Thanks

TishTosh21 Sun 27-Sep-09 15:45:20

It only takes a few days to the hormones to stop working i.e you will become fertile.
I had the implant removed in May but when straight onto the pill as wasnt ready for a baby.
Came off the pill 3 weeks ago as i am now trying for my first!
When i had the implant taken out though the doc said it takes around 2-4 days for the hormones to settle down again. Cant pinpoint the exact day you'll start ovulating but BD obsessively and you cant go wrong!

flame17 Sun 27-Sep-09 15:50:05

When I had my implant out, my period arrived a couple of weeks later. I then dropped into a regular pattern, couldn't believe it!

BrokenBananaTantrum Sun 27-Sep-09 16:36:51

sounds good thanks. I'm hoping it is all ok as I have stopped bleeding altogether while I've had it in so was a bit worried about how long it would take to wear off.

darydork Mon 28-Sep-09 00:12:51

Im 35 aswell and had my implant removed in august to TTC #4 (this will def be my last!) i ovulated 3 weeks later and AF followed 2weeks after that, in those 5 weeks i was extremly confused as i had constant cramps & sore boobs, did countless OPKs and HPTs (very frustrating), ive just ovulated for the 2nd time since removal so hoping my body is settling down & this will be my lucky month, doc told me you can POSSIBLY become fertile within 24hrs of removal but it could take a couple of mths before you return to a normal cycle, good luck with TTC

BrokenBananaTantrum Mon 28-Sep-09 09:53:28

Thanks everyone I was worried that it would take a long time and because I am older now I don't want to be waiting ages!

Good luck darydork. Enjoy BD. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now