Talk

Advanced search

someone please help me !

(6 Posts)
wonderif Tue 22-Sep-09 21:37:32

hi there i am new to this thread, i do have 2 beautfiul children i am 28 and am trying for our 3rd we have been trying for a year.

my periods r very random and so i am not sure how to use the ovulation calendar with my first child it took a year and 2nd took a month.

last period was 9th september, prior to that 31 july so how do i work out the ovulation dates any help would be greatly weclomed.

regards and good luck everyone else

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 23-Sep-09 07:10:24

wonderif

If your periods are very irregular you are better off instead having blood tests done to see what your hormone levels are like. You are less likely to be ovulating regularly if at all currently. It is no point doing temp charting in your particular circumstances as it won't give any useful information.

Irregular periods can be caused in the main by hormonal imbalances; in this regard a condition called polycystic ovaries is a common culprit. Another possible cause is thyroid imbalance. Both should be checked for by your GP.

I would seek medical advice sooner rather than later.

wonderif Wed 23-Sep-09 08:14:52

aattilathemeerkat

thank u for that advice, i know should see the doctor my last smear was abnormal and had to get some laser done and i am now overdue the smear know i should go back, i will make an appointment for asap.

I am worried that there might be something awful going on, i lost a young aunt and grandfather to cancer so it scares the hell out of me.

heverhoney1 Wed 23-Sep-09 21:30:21

Woooh you are jumping the gun a bit there. Yes you are right you do need to get things checked out at the docs, asap!!, but there a a whole host of things that could be causing irregular periods!!!

I never did find out why my periods were irregular for 4 years after coming off the pill. They also never did properly regulate befor I concieved our little girl! Look out for other signs of ovulation rather than going by the dates. Cervix mucous, OPKs (these are work of the devil mind you!!!), fertility monitors, I should think temping MAY also work (A 40 day cycle is not really that long under the circumstances).

bosch Wed 23-Sep-09 21:35:56

wonderif - I had investigations for eratic periods and found I could get higher up waiting list if I was on the list for 'gynae' rather than 'fertility'. As it was, the investigations were completely inconclusive and at the last appt I told my consultant I was pg!

I would highly recommend temping, just because it worked for me - try everything you can to find out if you're ovulating. Temping is at least free. Only after I'd got pg did I work out (in my head) the cervical mucous thing. Best wishes.

wonderif Thu 24-Sep-09 18:36:23

thanks for reasurance girls appreciate it.

i know have awful things going on in head just with the history.

have booked to see the doctor next week to have a chat at least, prob stressing too much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now