Talk

Advanced search

how many c-sections can you allowed?

(13 Posts)
biglips Mon 06-Jun-05 15:15:31

as just wondering? (as ive already had 1) and als if you had a single baby @ first birth is 1st c-section, twins is 2nd c-section and you cant have anymore? or can you another single after the twins which that be 3rd c-section?

does that make sense?

as im not sure if one of my friend was going over the top about a woman had 7 c-sections???? as i know you can have up to 4 but its very risky and why is it risky and is it up to me or the docs?

thanks

biglips Mon 06-Jun-05 15:16:08

im not pg but its the common question that people ask me

spacecadet Mon 06-Jun-05 15:16:46

doesnt matter how many baies were delivered at the time, it still counts as one op, i think you would be allowed one more c-section, they dont like you having more than 3.

lisalisa Mon 06-Jun-05 15:17:17

Message withdrawn

nutcracker Mon 06-Jun-05 15:17:19

I have had 3 and always heard that the limit was 3 but have since 'spoken' to women who have had more than that. I would have no qualms about having a 4th section at all.

Lisalisa on here has had 4 and will behaving a 5th soon i think.

nutcracker Mon 06-Jun-05 15:17:38

Lol crossed posts.

biglips Mon 06-Jun-05 15:19:23

do they go by my birth notes records?

lisalisa Mon 06-Jun-05 15:49:41

Message withdrawn

kid Mon 06-Jun-05 16:12:15

I've had 2 scetions and have no desire to have any more!
I was told that any future babies would have to be delivered by c-section but wasn't told how many were allowed.

happymerryberries Mon 06-Jun-05 16:16:30

It isn't a case of 'allowed' so much as 'advised'. They don't advise that you have more than 3 C sections because of increased risk of complications with each section. However no one is going to say, 'Though, just die then', if you need a 4, 5th or 6th IYSWIM.

It does depend on the nature of your scarring. For example my surgion said that my first scar was very thin when I had my second and he was happy that I wasn't planning any further pgs.

biglips Mon 06-Jun-05 20:14:29

bump

chipmonkey Tue 07-Jun-05 15:51:19

My obGyn told me there is a greater risk of a low-lying placenta, the more Cs's you have. I've had 3 CS's and placenta praevia on ds3.

beag Fri 10-Jun-05 13:10:26

I have had three cs will have a fourth in December and my consultant said that the most he has done so far is 6. The is no reason why someone couldnt have 7.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now