Talk

Advanced search

Confused - had heavy period, now have faint positive

(11 Posts)
yellowflowers Mon 21-Sep-09 20:17:08

Hi,

Any thoughts helpful as dh is away so can't even talk about it with him.

we're ttc no 1. Last week I had period - heavy (which is normal for me) with cramping that wok me up at night (not unusual). I had thought I might be pregnant (higher than usual temps, milky cm) but as I think that every much don't read into it...

Then on day 2 of period temp dropped - a bit later than usual.

Temp has been low ever since. Yesterday I noticed veiny boobs. Today I had afternoon nap and felt sick when I woke from it. Did cheap test and very faint line.

But with low temp and having had heavy period this can't be bfp can it? If anything then just the end of a cp?

Am very confused. I thought I was cd 7 today.

Obv I know the answer is do test in morning and wait and see. In the meantime any thoughts?

Thank you. x

arionater Mon 21-Sep-09 21:29:11

Something a bit like this happened to me earlier this year - I had what seemed like a normal period, then 7 days later a second very heavy bleed (heavier than an ordinary period and about the same length). My temps were a bit all over the place - some below some still above the cover line. On the second day of the second bleed, I had an ambiguous test (came up positive but after the proper time), so I wondered if I was having some sort of early miscarriage, and the GP thought it was possible. I felt very strange, so obviously something hormonal was going on, but I'm not really sure what it was. I wasn't trying to conceive, but it wasn't impossible that I had.

I'm sure more knowledgeable people will be along, but at the time I heard that sometimes a bleed and low temps but a positive test can be caused by an ectopic pregnancy. I'm sure it's much more likely that you've had a normal v. early miscarriage, as you suspect, but if you continue to test positive you should see your GP I think.

yellowflowers Mon 21-Sep-09 21:39:38

thanks arionater - i think you are right. Will see what test says tomorrow and if positive will go and buy proper one not internet cheapie and if that is positive will call gp.
ting is having wished for bfp so much I want this to be bfn because if it is positive it's hardly likely to be viable after such heavy bleeding and cramping.

arionater Tue 22-Sep-09 16:12:43

Did you do another test yellowflowers? what did it say? Hope you are not too stressed about it all.

Spidermama Tue 22-Sep-09 16:14:31

I think the pg hormone stays around for many days after an early MC.

duchesse Tue 22-Sep-09 16:28:02

Happened to me three years- had normal period, started to feel pregnant about 5 days after it started- sore breasts, flushed, slightly nauseous, etc...

Turns out I was pregnant, but I sadly miscarried that pregnancy at 13 weeks. I think it is possible to have a seemingly normal period whilst being pregnant.

twirlymum Tue 22-Sep-09 16:46:21

Hi yelloflowers,

This sounds very similar to what I experienced, it turned out to be an early mc sad.
I went to the gp, and he sent me for a scan which confirmed it.
I hope you are ok.

yellowflowers Wed 23-Sep-09 09:47:30

Hi all,

Still don't know what's happening. Completely messed up test yesterday - was in huge rush, peed on stick and got ready while waiting the time required and then completely forgot where I put it and had no time to look for it. Still can't find it - hope it doesn't up at inappropriate time when we have visitors! But peed on another stick (internet cheapie) this am and there is a line. It's darker, though still light, with a definite purple shade so not an evaporation line.

Temp is high today but also I am ill -terrible sore throat - so that could be anything.

So I am still none the wiser except I know my bleeding was heavy and very period like.

What should I do?

PinkTulips Wed 23-Sep-09 09:50:37

go to the docs and he can send you for a scan to find out.

i hope it's good news

yellowflowers Wed 23-Sep-09 10:39:37

Yes I should but can't until Fri. But I don't want them to think I'm mad - I made them send me for blood test last year when no show period and hurting boobs (was negative).

arionater Wed 23-Sep-09 11:56:33

I think if you take a positive test with you they won't think you're mad! It does sound as if you definitely either are or were pregnant. When I saw the GP about my odd experience he said that sometimes in this situation the "period" was actually implantation bleeding, even if it seemed too heavy for that. That doesn't really explain your low temps though. Let us know what the doctor says on Friday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now