Talk

Advanced search

vague message left on phone by GP and I can't speak to her til tomorrow - freaking out a bit!!

(4 Posts)
emeraldgirl1 Mon 21-Sep-09 18:16:15

Quick b/g - went to see GP last week for results of PCOS testing which had revealed high prolactin level and got her to agree to refer me to gynae. She has called today when I couldn't get to the phone and left message saying more blood test results have come in and she needs to discuss them with me...

She's not been available all afternoon and the receptionists are being nice but unhelpful - all they will tell me is that in the notes it says I need another referral. GP is calling me back tomorrow but I"m stressing about this now...I'm a neurotic hypochondriac, however hard I try not to be, and keep running over in my mind what the further test results could be. The previous tests showed normal LH/FSH and testosterone, and I'm at a loss as to what else they could have tested for that has now come back worthy of discussion... Any ideas? I had no idea they were testing for so much anyway, I thought they were only doing LH/FSH levels - could they have done tests re my thyroid, too? Or anything more sinister?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated, I"m driving DH mad stressing about this

2ndDestiny Mon 21-Sep-09 20:34:14

Hi emeraldgirl

Not sure I can help much, just didn't want your post to go unanswered. I have had this done to me by the GP surgery before, I know they don't mean any harm by it but it is very annoying - I went out of my mind with worry when in fact the news turned out to be nothing very sinister at all.

In answer to your question, yes it is quite likely that they checked your thyroid function. I won't try to second guess what these results are, but hopefully whatever it is, it will get you one step closer to getting the problem sorted out - try to think of it that way.

Sorry you are having such a stressful time and all the best for tomorrow

emeraldgirl1 Mon 21-Sep-09 20:52:53

Thanks 2nd destiny - and yes it is so annoying, isn't it? I agree, they mean no harm, but it's just the worst thing for a nutcase like me!!

I have a gut feeling this is something to do with thyroid, and tbh am not sure what else it CAN be at the moment, but agree better not to 2nd-guess... will know tomorrow I guess!!

Thanks again - really appreciate the reply!

UmBongo Mon 21-Sep-09 22:05:21

Good luck for tomorrow smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now