Talk

Advanced search

OV on day 14, BD day 15 and 16 - what are my chances?

(20 Posts)
mummywhodrinks Mon 21-Sep-09 16:17:20

Basically dh had to go away and didn't get a chance to BD until day 15 and again day 16. I know I ovulated day 14 as I felt it (always do on one side or the other). I have a regular 28 day cycle, on day 26 now.

Not hopeful is it?

Hollyoaks Mon 21-Sep-09 16:20:42

Don't worry too much. I definitely ovulated on day 15 as like you I felt it, was in agony and so decided not to have sex that night. Anyway, we did it the following morning and night and I'm now 4.3 weeks pregnant.

Good luck smile

mummywhodrinks Mon 21-Sep-09 20:04:08

Congratulations smile

Dont know what's going on now, have got awful crampy backache even through hot water bottle and a nurofen, but no AF. Unusual as normally AF starts slowly and I get cramps after about a day of bleeding. Never had cramps before AF starts hmm

Hollyoaks Mon 21-Sep-09 21:38:17

When's af due? Is it worth doing a test?

mummywhodrinks Tue 22-Sep-09 08:24:33

AF due tomorrow. Backache has gone overnight - really thought it must be AF but no sign. Don't tempt me to test early!

Hollyoaks Tue 22-Sep-09 10:00:55

Ok, I'll try not to. I'm still having lots of cramps and aches on and off so its difficult to say what all of your signs and symptoms mean. There's only one way to know for sure.

Good luck, let me know how you get on smile

mummywhodrinks Tue 22-Sep-09 18:40:41

What is with period-like pain for a day but then no AF?? Never had that before.

AF due tomorrow but am determined not to test until it is actually late, especially with this months badly timed BDing.

Hollyoaks Tue 22-Sep-09 19:58:13

mummywhodrinks I'm desperate for you to test, you have strong will power. Do you have a test in the house? If I knew there was one there I had to use it. smile

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 22-Sep-09 20:00:41

In response to OP, I concieved on 25th July, but according to all calculators finished ovulating on 23rd....
I have regular periods and a 28 day cycle.

mummywhodrinks Tue 22-Sep-09 21:17:44

Oh really LadyOfTheFlowers? Thats encouraging, I keep reading that the egg only lasts 24 hours tops and it was getting on for 24 hours after I felt ov pains that DH got home and did his duty grin

Hollyoaks I have one DC already and didn't test til a week after AF due! There is a cheapy test in the bathroom though...

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 22-Sep-09 22:09:50

Yes I know! I was confused too!

If it's a cheapy test and you are due tomorrow, it will still work - do it!! Go on, go on, go on, go on, GO ON!!

How do you feel?

mummywhodrinks Tue 22-Sep-09 22:19:41

I feel.... odd. Boobs not as sore as usual for PMT. The odd pokey pain in my general womby area. Bit bloated, its uncomfortable to bend in the middle. Slight sicky feeling in the eveings for a few nights. <<TMI alert>> thick white discharge.

Hollyoaks Wed 23-Sep-09 11:06:09

Sounds promising, test test test! grin

LadyOfTheFlowers Wed 23-Sep-09 20:29:21

Sounds to me like you are!!

Well????

Hollyoaks Thu 24-Sep-09 12:05:59

mummywhodrinks any news?

lovechoc Sat 26-Sep-09 13:28:17

bump

Hollyoaks Sun 27-Sep-09 09:56:04

Any news???????????

Hollyoaks Tue 29-Sep-09 10:34:40

mummywhodrinks any news, good or bad? Hope your ok smile

mummywhodrinks Tue 29-Sep-09 10:44:31

Hi, sorry I never came back. I took a test on the day AF was due and had a faint bfp but then AF started the next day. Feel a bit deflated but hey ho. Thanks for the handholding and general niceness smile

Hollyoaks Tue 29-Sep-09 11:00:36

Oh I'm sorry to hear that, sorry you got the bfp before af sad

Why don't you jump on one of the conception threads? I was on the June bus which is still going and the July bus will be starting up soon. The ladies on there are really supportive and in the same boat as you. Best of luck ttc, hope to see you on antenatal soon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now