Talk

Advanced search

confused! no period no pregnancy

(8 Posts)
bluefootedpenguin Sun 20-Sep-09 17:18:00

Hello! This is a strange post but just wondered if anyone could offer any insight. Last period was July 29th and lasted 19 days! my cycle had changed over the past few months but roughly 32 daysish since the birth of my DD 10 months ago. No period since and all Hpt's are negative. As far as I can read on the net nothing is clear as to whether I will have ovulated or may now be in an anovulatory cycle. Nearly 8 weeks since start of last cycle and I have no idea what is going on. I was quite stressed and tired about my return to work but that has settled down now. Anyway, the thing is, we are now planning on ttc number 2 but as my cycle is all messed up I'm not sure where this leaves me. Is it worth using OPK's should my period arrive or would you now consider my periods to be irregular? see GP for blood tests or consider short stint on pill? Any ideas welcome!

mumandlovingit Sun 20-Sep-09 17:38:09

im in a similar situation, last period july, now missed two periods and negative preg tests.

i had copper coil til may from november and then my periods were every 28 days for 3 months them nothing.

im going to see doctor if nothings happened by the end of the week.it'll be nine weeks then.we are also ttc, ironically i missed my period the first month we were supposed to start trying!

i hope everything works out ok with you

bluefootedpenguin Sun 20-Sep-09 20:23:40

you too!

mumandlovingit Sat 26-Sep-09 08:36:25

how are you getting on bluefootedpenguin

im still without a period.nine weeks now!

bluefootedpenguin Mon 28-Sep-09 14:19:28

Hello mumandlovingit. Getting on for 9 weeks now and just started to spot and have horrible cramping so perhaps AF is not far away! no idea what is going on! How are you?

mumandlovingit Mon 28-Sep-09 17:17:39

still nothing.over 9 weeks now and no sign of it.negative pregnancy tests. ive made an appointment for next monday at the doctors incase nothing has happened by then.they dont do alot until you've missed 3 periods though ive been told so wait and see.keep me updated

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 28-Sep-09 17:26:17

BFP

The causes of this need to be determined properly. If GP is unhelpful I would ask for a referral to a gynae for further evaluation. Infact I would ask your GP to be referred anyway; these are not issues that should be tackled by GPs.

A 19 day bleed is clearly not normal (this may also be due to fibroids and to me does not sound like a menstrual bleed) and this in itself is enough to warrant further investigation.

Irregular periods are often caused by hormonal imbalances so blood tests should be carried out. A condition called polycystic ovaries can cause irregular periods along with thyroid imbalance. Both of these should be carefully checked for.

Would not be using OPK's in your circumstances due to the irregularity of periods.

cheerfulvicky Tue 29-Sep-09 12:33:28

Hey, I mooched over to Conception idly looking for advice and this has happened to me, too! Last period in July, nothing since. Taken 2 HPT's, both negative. The chance that I'm PG is almost nil, but it's starting to get on my wick! Never thought I'd say this but I just want to get my period, it's weird when you wait and wait and it just never arrives.

Perhaps will go to the docs in a month or so if still nothing... hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now