Talk

Advanced search

OMG!!!

(7 Posts)
Mishy1234 Thu 17-Sep-09 15:16:17

After 8 years and 3 IVF attempts we finally conceived my gorgeous DS who is 19 months.

I'm still bf, so we were extremely reluctant to go down the IVF route again as it would mean weaning (but I'm 39 so felt we couldn't wait a significant amount of time). BUT today I got a BFP! Can't believe it and I know it's extremely early days, but I just wanted to post a couple of things we did which we hadn't tried before and may have helped.

We used a Clearblue monitor which showed that I ovulated very late (even for me) at 25 days. We also used preseed and softcups (after bding). It seems to have worked!

Just thought it might be useful info for those who haven't tried these options.

cyanarasamba Thu 17-Sep-09 15:19:02

grin Congratulations!

cyanarasamba Thu 17-Sep-09 15:19:02

grin Congratulations!

anniemac Thu 17-Sep-09 15:21:34

Message withdrawn

Mishy1234 Thu 17-Sep-09 15:21:44

Sorry, also meant to say that I have name changed for this post. I just want to keep things to myself for a while until we get a bit further along.

beanieb Thu 17-Sep-09 15:23:38

Congratulations.

Do you find the softcups easy to use? I ordered some but they frightened me to death so I haven't used them.

Mishy1234 Thu 17-Sep-09 15:31:29

Thanks for everyone's good wishes!

beanib- yes, they are quite easy to use. I practiced few times with one before the crucial point. I've never used them for their intended use so don't know how good they are for that, but they are well work a try when ttc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now