Talk

Advanced search

Temping experts! Where's my temperature rise! Wail ....

(8 Posts)
Antiquarian Thu 17-Sep-09 09:22:19

Hello everybody! This temping thing is driving me mad. Or maybe it's my body driving me mad.

I had an early miscarriage at the beginning of this month. But since then I seem to have had a clockwork cycle, with things happening just when I thought they sh/would (ie loads of EWCM early this week - far more than usual - peak day I think Monday or Tuesday, drying up yesterday). So I've been expecting my temp rise ... but it hasn't come! Why? I'm clutching at straws here, but I guess if there's no rise I haven't ovulated? Is it possible to ovulate several days after peak day EWCM? Is there still hope for the next few days, even though the EWCM has gone? I know that if you're stressed or ill it can be delayed and that has happened to me on previous months (including the one I conceived). I had some sort of gastric flu at the weekend but the EWCM came after that, so I don't see why that would have affected when I actually ovulated.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this!

MrsHappy Thu 17-Sep-09 09:26:36

You might get patches of EWCM before the real thing.

It is possible to have a temp rise a few days after you ovulate/after your peak day.

Unfortunately you just have to wait and see!

Antiquarian Thu 17-Sep-09 14:32:17

Thanks MrsHappy! Well, I've just got another load of EWCM now so I guess something's still going on. My DH is going away this weekend though! If we BD tomorrow before he goes, and I ov over the weekend, there would still be a chance, wouldn't there?

MrsHappy Thu 17-Sep-09 20:25:48

For sure there would be a chance. Sperm can live and fertilise an egg for up to 5 days (although 3 is probably more realistic) in good conditions. So Friday sex in anticipation of a Sat/Sunday egg would be fine, although I would jump him right away on his return too! Good luck!

Antiquarian Fri 18-Sep-09 10:29:49

Aaaargh, EWCM yesterday and no temp rise today. And no more EWCM. The amazing thing about all this is after I stopped breastfeeding I had clockwork cycles for 6 months. The moment I decide to TTC, they go haywire. Where is the justice in that, eh!!??

Poor DH, I'm going to have to force him to do it just before he jumps on his plane (well, not literally JUST before of course). Trouble is, I've been making him do it ever since I first saw EWCM 7 days ago. I don't know if there'll be much left in the tank by now!

Thanks for responding MrsHappy!

ElusiveMoose Fri 18-Sep-09 13:17:44

When I got pg first time round I only BDed once in that cycle, which was 4-5 days before I ovulated. So it's always worth a shout! (Not finding it as easy second time round, but hey...)

MrsHappy Fri 18-Sep-09 14:34:37

Ah, don't worry.
I think identifying your "peak day" is only doable in hindsight. I am sure I remember that for me it was often a drier day which came in between the EWCM and the temp rise. You're right about crazy cycles when TTC, it is sod's law!

Antiquarian Fri 18-Sep-09 16:07:09

That's encouraging! Well, poor DH, I forced him to do it before he left to get his plane, which involved standing over him whilst he finished his conference call to work and then dragging him upstairs! Then I complained that I had to stand-up straightaway in order to drive him to the station (sorry if this is far TMI)! Anyway, I can confirm definitively that this TTC thing is making me go totally bonkers but at least I can recognise that I'm not behaving in a totally rational manner I suppose!!

PS Elusive, this is second time for me too, first time we seemed to get pregnant about a minute after we decided to try. I'm with you on the not so easy this time thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now