Talk

Advanced search

Agnus Catus

(5 Posts)
randomtask Mon 14-Sep-09 14:39:37

Next sensible question, I've just bought this as I saw on a thread here that said it helps regulate your cycle and thus might mean my periods return quickly and normally now I've just come off cerazette.

Only thing I forgot to ask the helpful herbal lady is, can I still take it whilst trying for babies or do I need to stop it first?!

Thanks

tummytickler Mon 14-Sep-09 14:44:35

This wont be very helpful i am sure!
i took it when ttc dc2, and took it whilst ttc, but i dont remember the details or where i got my info from i am afraid - have you googled for info?
I was pg in 3 months though (I also had rose quartz under the mattress grin)

randomtask Mon 14-Sep-09 15:02:49

It's a good start if you were taking it when TTC!!

We're planning on starting to try once I've had two periods but I started to get worried about when that'll be as I read Cerazette can cause problems. Haven't had a period for two years, figured this might get 'it all going'.

But I'm being stupidly impatient as my last cerazette pill was on Saturday night. blush

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 14-Sep-09 16:43:05

Please do not self medicate with Agnus Castus!!!. This is a Big NO!!. It can be useful for those who have persistantly irregular periods but you as yet do not fall into that bracket. If you were to have an underlying hormonal problem (like polycystic ovaries for instance) it can actually make things worse.

If you were to decide to use AC you are better off using the services of a medical herbalist who could advise you further on using it (its quite powerful stuff and not suitable for everyone).

randomtask Mon 14-Sep-09 17:05:53

I was told to only take 1 tablet a day at the beginning (you're allowed 4 a day) and to up it if it didn't help.

How do I know when I can take it? (glad there's someone who knows about it!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now