Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

on the pill and maybe pregnant

(17 Posts)
cheesepizza Thu 02-Jun-05 15:24:03

I'm on the pill - taking day 15 of a pack of 21 from day 6 - 14 i havn't taken them as i've been ill and we've done the deed a couple of times - is there any chance i could be pregnat????

Toothache Thu 02-Jun-05 15:27:23

Of course there is I'm afraid. Missing ONE by 24 hrs means it could be ineffective and you are recommended to use another form of contraception for 7 days! You missed almost 2 weeks so you may well have ovulated.

Will you be gutted?

Aimsmum Thu 02-Jun-05 15:27:34

Message withdrawn

beansmum Thu 02-Jun-05 15:30:11

yes, there is a chance you could be pregnant, the pill only works if you take it correctly, that is EVERY day, for three weeks then 1 week off.

would it be a disaster if you were pregnant?

tiffini Thu 02-Jun-05 15:31:44

Dont continue taking the pill untill you know one way or another.

gossifer Thu 02-Jun-05 15:34:07

tiffini - why not?

tiffini Thu 02-Jun-05 15:36:55

I believe it can cause problems with the developing featus, i could be wrong, it is just what i have heard in the past.

beansmum Thu 02-Jun-05 15:38:43

yeah, I've heard that too. I don't think they actually know if the pill can cause any damage, but I'm sure I've heard that you should stop taking it if you think you might be pg.

Aimsmum Thu 02-Jun-05 15:40:31

Message withdrawn

WigWamBam Thu 02-Jun-05 15:43:22

Actually, it would be more dangerous to stop taking the pill before you know whether you are pregnant, because if you're not pregnant, you leave yourself open to conceiving while you're not on the pill.

I became pregnant whilst on the pill and was concerned about possible damage, but the midwives reassured me that there is very little chance of the foetus being damaged as long as you stop taking the pill once you know that you are pregnant.

tiffini Thu 02-Jun-05 15:44:39

you could use another form of contraception>

gossifer Thu 02-Jun-05 16:06:08

cheesepizza, sorry to highjack your thread! i have this niggle that plays around in my head, my ds is 15weeks today, a while ago i got the minipill off my doc and started to take it straightaway, as had had no period, you are meant to take it for 7 days before its effective, on 4th day had a bit of an accident IYKWIM, now worried i might be pregnant, took a test and it was -ve, but it was negative when i checked with ds! so don't want to stop taking it, but if i'm pregnant...........

colinsmommy Thu 02-Jun-05 16:10:37

I have my DS as a result of missing the pill for 4 days in a cycle, and I had been taking it for 6 years. I went for a whole month taking it while pregnant, and was really worried about the damage done to the baby. He came out perfectly healthy, though. So yes, there is a chance.

Aimsmum Thu 02-Jun-05 16:12:33

Message withdrawn

gossifer Thu 02-Jun-05 16:17:32

thanks, have made an app at docs for next weds, don't trust the homekits, so will have to wait....

beansmum Thu 02-Jun-05 16:18:20

Remember that if you have only just started taking the pill again you should be using another form of contraception for the next 7 days! So even if you carry on taking the pill make sure you use something else as well.

beansmum Thu 02-Jun-05 16:18:58

that message was for cheesepizza by the way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now