Talk

Advanced search

Anyone ttc for the first month? Have just discovered the obsession that is symtom spotting......

(5 Posts)
nymphadora Sat 05-Sep-09 08:06:27

Been lurking on ttc threads and now we have actually started I am desperate to test!

No idea of cycle cos I have just come of the pill but the little stick said I was ovulating last weekend and we had lots of sex so now I am trying to restrain myself!

nicknameunavailable Sat 05-Sep-09 12:43:08

Hi Nymphadora, my adivce is based on the madness that came from testing 'early' with those oh so clever but actually really terrible pregnancy tests. I conceived after trying for 4 months, tested 3 days early, and had a 'miscarriage' 2 days after my period was 'due' which was devastating. despite being so early i hadn't really considered the reality of having a confirmed pregnancy and then loosing it. second pregnancy tested early 5 days before period due and then lost it 10 days later. then spent 15 months trying to get conceive agin 7 of the months were a totaly nightmare due to the fact that i was manically testing sometimes even earlier than the earliest possible day (6 dyas before). i became totaly irrational, not believeing the test if it was negative and buying more, insisting on the digital ones because the others can be misinterpreted, spending a fortune and keeping myself on a roller coaster of emotions until my period would fianlly arrive. My compulsive testing was so disruptive (not able to sleep and or waking up really early so i could use the first urine of the day) that in the end my partner and i went to Relate to address the issue. they were brilliant and i stopped early testing completely, if you are pregnant you'll find out soon enough anyway and you'll give yourself some breating space. As soon as you become pregnant you'll probably be a manic knicker and symptom checker anyway! All totaly understandable and completly pointless because there is nothing anyone can do to prevent a miscarriage in the first 12 weeks (in a healthy woman). my advice don't get into the cycle of early testing, just wait until a few days after your period us due on the longest cycle that you're likely to have. good luck x

nicknameunavailable Sat 05-Sep-09 12:45:57

sorry just to add iam now 6 weeks pregnant and mad as a bag of frogs at many points during the day and trying really hard to not become a copulsive knicker checker! in my normal life i'm not like this - honest! also sorry about the spelling, i am dyslexic

nymphadora Sat 05-Sep-09 13:32:42

Thanks!

skihorse Sat 05-Sep-09 17:45:57

nickname What an outstanding post!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now