Talk

Advanced search

Do you drink when ttc?

(8 Posts)
nymphadora Fri 04-Sep-09 20:15:32

Dp came home with nice wine tonight and am having a very diluted glass ( don't drink much normally) then was wondering should I be drinking at all?

Petsville Fri 04-Sep-09 20:20:40

I do - I've been TTC for three and a half years, and that's a long time not to have a drink! I try to go a bit lighter in the second half of my cycle (though don't always succeed), but that's all.

tattycoram Fri 04-Sep-09 20:22:19

Yes. I don't think there's any need to add any more pressure, though like Petsville, I try to lay off a bit towards the end of the month.

confuseddoiordonti Fri 04-Sep-09 20:23:09

I too and, at least on the verge of, TTC and yes I do drink. I think, from what I can gather, you are officially not meant to but if you think about the number of pregnancies that must come about when one or the other, or usually both, parents are drunk it can't make that much of an impact on your fertility.
Not that I am urging you to get the tequila out, but it's not too big a deal if you are otherwise healthy and not necking vodka 7 nights a week.

fiver Fri 04-Sep-09 20:27:10

I do.

nymphadora Fri 04-Sep-09 20:34:36

Thanks, it's not a big deal to me as it's usually 1/2 glasses of wine a week. Have told dp that once he is dh he willbe cutting right down grin

Ladyemmalou83 Fri 04-Sep-09 20:49:12

I said that to my now DH, and its not changed, but good luck trying. Please pass on any of ur tips. Its not that he drinks loads, just more than I would like him too during TCC.

I have 2-3 small glasses of wine a week with meals. I dont think it hurts too much.

Good Luck with TTC

RoryGilmore Fri 04-Sep-09 20:51:38

having a couple of glasses of wine apparently can help things along, as it were wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now