Talk

Advanced search

How accurate are first response before AF?

(9 Posts)
Kaylo Fri 04-Sep-09 08:14:18

As the title says really - I'm 6days before AF and very impatient as I have a truckload of symptoms and just really wanna know

Imagine what I'm like at Christmas too...grin

idealcamel Fri 04-Sep-09 09:27:59

Depends how far before - something like 50% 6 days before your period is due, then increases day-by-day.

Having spent fortunes on testing before period is due, I would really say don't do it - false negs are likely, so you won't give up hope or feel that you really have an answer. The only real way to know for sure is to miss a period and do a test.

londonlottie Fri 04-Sep-09 09:42:49

Message withdrawn

Kaylo Fri 04-Sep-09 16:42:01

Thank You for your gratefully received replies 0 Have decided to wait until next Saturday to test shock Hope I can do it. I want to save money if possible and if AF comes it means I'll have saved myself about 12quid grin

Thanks Again!!

xxxxx

Kaylo Sun 06-Sep-09 06:38:42

Just letting you know - BFP on CB this morning

Casserole Sun 06-Sep-09 10:38:49

Congratulations x

Conundrumish Sun 06-Sep-09 11:54:29

Not sure but the superdrug own brand cheapy one was much more sensitive than clear blue or Boots own brand for me and tested positive 4 days before AF due.

Conundrumish Sun 06-Sep-09 11:54:48

Oops, too late! Congratulations grin

Kaylo Sun 06-Sep-09 15:11:33

Thanks Everyone - I didn't do very well with the 'wait til next Saturday to test' did I?

lol

xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now