Talk

Advanced search

Anyone willing to admit they are non-PC enough to be trying/have tried natural gender selection?!

(9 Posts)
Loopymumsy Fri 04-Sep-09 07:41:53

Message withdrawn

fidelma Fri 04-Sep-09 21:31:03

We had 2 girls and then tried to have a boy (although we were very relaxed about it )I used an ovulation kit and we had sex on the 2 days that I was ovulation only.Bingo a boy.I have a friend who did it successfully 4 times Boy Girl Boy Girl! perhaps just luck.Worth a go.We have also done it again for DC4 although not due for 4 more weeks.(our method has worked again hee hee)

Fruitbatlings Fri 04-Sep-09 21:39:26

I bought the book but have PCOS so rather difficult to work out when and most importantly if I ovulate when my cycles are 5/6 + months long hmm If anyone could tell me how I would go about finding this out I shall be most grateful!
I have two boys and would sell my soul for a girl next time! Yes I should feel very fortunate to have any children at all given my pcos angry but my family will be complete when my little girl comes along [hopeful]

I even bought a pair of cute tights and pink flowery/butterfly vests before I found out I was having a boy last time blush

BTW I do love my boys more than life itself!

Loopymumsy Sat 05-Sep-09 09:50:35

Message withdrawn

maxbear Sun 06-Sep-09 03:49:56

er, hello, have you drugged your husband. What on earth has made him agree to this, and why on earth would you want to be pregnant again, it is horrible!! (am just jelous cos my dh definately doesn't want a fourth and I haven't got the excuse of going for a boy!!)

Loopymumsy Sun 06-Sep-09 09:11:23

Message withdrawn

Firerise Sun 06-Sep-09 09:18:40

Hello,

we are trying for our first so at the mo just praying that I will concieve at some point and will be blessed with a healthy baby. When we first started trying, DH did a bit of research on google about this (as he is a bit nervous about having a girl, bless him) and said that other tips were eating bananas, having a higher calorie intake on the run up and during ovulation and his personal favourite, doing it doggy style.
Absolutely no idea if any of this works but the science bit about the higher calories makes sense and has led to dh buying me lots of icecream!!!

I don't mind but at some point would quite like a girl as we have a name picked out already and can almost picture her. Have not found a single boys name that goes with my dreadful surname (thanks for that dh ;o)

Good luck!!!

maxbear Sun 06-Sep-09 20:46:40

Wow that is great grin and wow higher calorie intake on the run up to ovulation, sounds good to me!!

GruffaloSoldier Tue 08-Sep-09 21:19:13

Hello,

my DS is nearly 5 months old and was conceived around ovulation.

I was convinced I was having a boy for this reason and then the sonographer told us it was a girl hmm

He is def a boy through and through

I am very happy with my boy but will be trying for a girl next time. However if I was to be blessed with another boy I would be equally over the moon.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a bit of natural gender selection as long as you are fully prepared that it might not work and are still happy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now