Talk

Advanced search

HELP, HELP - JUST DONE A PG TEST AND NOT SURE WHAT TO THINK!!!

(59 Posts)
tigerbear Tue 01-Sep-09 23:49:49

If anyone is still up and has any advice, please help!
I've just done a pg test (First Response) and there are def two lines, but the one on the left is MUCH lighter than the one on the right, which is the one shown on the indicator as the 'not pg' line. I've thrown the instructions away, and can't remember if the faint line was there on tests I've done in the past. I really want to be pg, so maybe it's wishful thinking that I'm hoping the one line light, one dark means that I am!

tigerbear Wed 02-Sep-09 00:00:14

Help! Anyone???

Marrenon Wed 02-Sep-09 00:02:08

2 lines normally means pg,

how long did the lines appear in?

Narketta Wed 02-Sep-09 00:08:52

2 pink lines = pregnant
1 pink line = not pregnant

tigerbear Wed 02-Sep-09 00:10:51

They appeared within 2 minutes - both pink, but one light and one dark.

Narketta Wed 02-Sep-09 00:18:34

Instructions

Looks like you are pg.

Marrenon Wed 02-Sep-09 00:18:39

i think you might be...

i do hope so if it is what you want smile

Marrenon Wed 02-Sep-09 00:20:28

does this help any?

tigerbear Wed 02-Sep-09 00:27:55

Oh, really confused now. I just read the bit on that site about there always being 'something' there in terms of lines - now not sure if it's an indentation line (can't work if it is DEF pink, or if it's light gray, which would mean it's just an indentation line). Thanks for your help everyone - will get another type of test tomorrow. Will keep you all posted.

Marrenon Wed 02-Sep-09 00:46:48

get a clear blue digital,

expensive? yes!

worth it for piece of mind? yes!

good luck smile

tigerbear Wed 02-Sep-09 00:49:45

Thanks Marrenon - will be getting one first thing in the morning! I'm concerned though, as have had strange bleeding inbetween periods... I guess all will be revealed tomorrow! Off to bed now..

Marrenon Wed 02-Sep-09 00:51:03

sleep well,

let us know how you get on tomorrow,

goodnight x

tigerbear Wed 02-Sep-09 10:28:03

HI all - well, have just done a Clearblue test, and it says 1-2 weeks pg!!!!!!!!!

Am v happy, but very concerned too, as am bleeding, and have period like cramps
I'm about to go to the doctor and see what is going on - will report back later.

Narketta Wed 02-Sep-09 10:33:41

Good luck at the GP's tigerbear.

Try not to worry!!
Maybe the bleeding is implantation, and the cramps are normal at this stage aren't they?

I know I had them with both of my DC.
I will keep watching for an update.

loyi71 Wed 02-Sep-09 10:44:47

Its completely normal to get one line fainter than the other, i have done loads of tests in my time and had the exact same thing. It is so exciting congrats looks like your pregnant!!!!!

loyi71 Wed 02-Sep-09 10:47:04

That is fantastic, try not to worry about cramps again its all normal. I had cramps and spotting with all 4 of my kids. Gooluck at docs hope to hear from you soon. xx

tigerbear Wed 02-Sep-09 11:06:05

Hello, I'm now at the doctor, waiting in the biggest queue!! For those who experienced bleeding and cramps, what did it feel like? This feels like a normal period. I had my last proper period between 2nd - 9th Aug, then had a couple of days bleeding from the 21st for about 5 days, then starting bleeding again yesterday. Not sure why I did the first test yesterday - just a feeling I might be - then did the Clearblue about an hour ago and it def says 1-2 weeks pg.

tigerbear Wed 02-Sep-09 12:15:47

Just saw the doctor, who pretty much said it was probably a false positive. With the bleeding, she reckons either a very early mc, or a late period. She pressed my tummy, and there wasn't any tenderness. Didn't talk to me at all about implantation bleeding, but said to do another test in a week.
Am now sitting here in tears - how can 2 tests be totally wrong? Does this sound like a v early mc?

lal123 Wed 02-Sep-09 12:27:53

false positive? I'm pretty sure that you can't get false positives? Bleeding this early could be an early miscarriage or it can be somethign else- there's no way of really knowing as a scan this early is unlikely to show anything.

I think your best bet is to do as Dr says, wait a week and then do another test.

good luck

tigerbear Wed 02-Sep-09 12:44:35

Yup, I've just been doing some research, and I think it prob was an early mc.
Was so pleased last night when I did the first test, then again this morning with the second, but feel totally deflated now. I told DH about both of the tests and he was so pleased - now he's at work and phone going to voicemail - he'll be so when I tell him we probably had our hopes up for nothing. Feel cheated by the tests now!

memorylapse Wed 02-Sep-09 14:01:54

Really sorry to hear thissad..it sounds like you have had a chemical pregnancy, whereby the pregnancy fails quite soon after conception..its apparently quite common as most women dont know its happened as af can just appear to arrive a little later.

(((hugs))

tigerbear Wed 02-Sep-09 16:08:19

I think that must be it, but hard to say, as AF was due anyway... But it's really hard to take in, as the test is here, saying 1-2 weeks pg - so want it to be true!

fifitot Wed 02-Sep-09 18:20:20

Oh poor you. Feel for you. It's so disappointing.

The trouble with these new tests is that they do pick up an early pregnancy and we get our hopes up but then it doesn't work out. In the 'olden days' our mothers probably didn't know they were pg until it was well established at at least 6 weeks.

tigerbear Wed 02-Sep-09 18:38:10

fifitot I was just on the phone to my Mum telling her all about it, and she was saying exactly the same thing - she didn't know properly until she was about 3 months gone, and didn't visit the hospital until she actually gave birth!

She was also saying that a similar thing has just happened to her neighbour - that she is about 3 weeks pg (and is for definite), but had bleeding all the way through. So am not giving up hope yet! Am going to try to wait a week to do another test (depending on whether I continue bleeding - if I do, then i guess it will be obvious what's happened) - but in reality in will prob end up doing another one on Sunday!

tigerbear Wed 02-Sep-09 18:39:05

And fifitot your name has made me want Jelly Tots - am going to the shop to get some!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now