Talk

Advanced search

How long do you try before you see the Dr?

(6 Posts)
Gingerbics Mon 31-Aug-09 20:53:28

I'm TTC number 2, this is the 8th month now. I'm 36 and amazingly got pregnant with my little girl the first month of 'proper trying' and using OPK.

Also using the OPK's this time but no joy. My daughter is 2 so I suppose its actually nearer 3 years since my last conception so i suppose my fertility could've really declined.

Just wondering how long should I leave it before I go to my GP?

I know I'm really lucky to already have a daughter but really keen to give her a brother or sister (now I'm starting to forget how bad the nights were!)

Thanks in advance for any advice x

Gingerbics Mon 31-Aug-09 21:02:04

bump!

nomoremagnolia Mon 31-Aug-09 21:13:03

I think the advice is 12 months but if you're worried go and see the doc. The worst that will ahppen is tht they will say come back in 4 months and at least you'll have it on your record that you were trying. I went after a year and the doc said they'd start investigtions sooner than a year if we'd been trying in a focussed way (knowing my cycles timing our efforts to ov etc) so you might get help straight away. Also your ge may be in your favour, I think some places start investigations sooner if you're over 35.

nomoremagnolia Mon 31-Aug-09 21:13:54

sorry for typos!

fiver Mon 31-Aug-09 21:50:32

If you're over 35 you can go after 6 months of trying. They will do basic tests on you and on your DH/DP.

helenlouisey Tue 01-Sep-09 07:12:30

Yep, I believe the advise is to go to doctor after a year of trying if you're under 35 and 6 months if you're over 35. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now