Talk

Advanced search

Am in far worse shape physically ttc DC2 than with DC1...

(3 Posts)
jamandjerusalem Sun 30-Aug-09 20:12:34

I'm two stone heavier, do far less exercise (walk 2 miles a day, 3x a week, whereas before I did this 5 days a week, plus 2 yoga sessions), and I drink a lot more tea and coffee and alcohol.

Basically before conceiving DC1 I didn't drink alcohol, caffeine, no sugar, wheat, dairy (not much fun) - but was pretty fit and healthy. Conceived in our second month of trying.

Now thinking of ttc DC2 and wondering whether all this might have an impact on our ability to conceive. I'm about 2 stone overweight but BMI probably about 27 - not toooo drastically awful?? hmm

Anyone with experience of this? Would love to hear how you got on.

GirlsAreLoud Sun 30-Aug-09 20:14:04

Would love to know as was in similar shape to you ttc number 1 and still took 6 months.

Much worse shape now...

HeadFairy Sun 30-Aug-09 20:23:04

I'm in much worse shape now than I was when i was ttc ds... I think everyone must be... no time to exercise really, eating all those left over teas blush etc. I used to run two or three times a week and go to the gym two or three times a week. My diet hasn't changed that much, I still don't drink much and eat ok but I am overweight, bmi is around the 30 mark (last time it was 27) It took me 18 months to conceive ds, but I'm convinced I didn't have a clue about my cycle. Since trying for dc2, I got pg second month of trying, and mc'd, got pg immediately afterwards and mc'd again, got pg immediately after that and now I'm 23 weeks pg. So I think that it hasn't made too much difference to me. The mcs were probably more likely to be age related more than anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now