Talk

Advanced search

Pre-pregnancy courses

(2 Posts)
wheniwishuponastar Sat 29-Aug-09 09:59:37

Hi, I really want to ask a question, but can't even figure out where to ask it!!! So apologies if this is the wrong place - could someone direct me to the right place if this isn't it?

I'm just at the stage on thinking about becoming pregnant. Are there are any courses (at all) i can do before this happens?

My mum had extremely bad post-natal depression. And I just want to be as prepared as I can be. Is there anything like, deciding whether or not to become a parent. Or emotional preparation before deciding to get pregnant. Anything at all like that???

Any help MUCH appreciated...

Trying4Baby1 Tue 01-Sep-09 18:03:36

Hiya thought I'd I'd give you a quick reply. I think that it's very mature of you to be asking these questions before TTC. All too often people don't consider the negative aspect of TTC, pregnancy and motherhood. I don't know of any courses, however it may be worthwhile to read some books based on different aspects. You could always go down to your local library as this would save buying loads of books. As far as post natal depression goes there is no way of knowing is you will suffer from this but at least if you know the signs then you can get help when you need it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now