Talk

Advanced search

Not ovulating after MC

(3 Posts)
zayja Thu 27-Aug-09 15:59:16

Hi Ladies, I posted a similar discussion on miscarriage thread, but wondering if any of you have had a similar experience.

I haven't ovulated for 4 mos. since my mmc.

I found out about my mmc at 12w scan. Opted for medical management (Cytotec), and miscarried immediately. First cycle returned at about 5 1/2w and have had normal and regular AF since but I have not ovulated. Have been ttc just over a year and OPKs always worked prior to mc with ov at cd 14 or 15 - now NOTHING 4 mos. later.

Called the doc, she said we'll try progesterone cream at onset of next cycle. I'm just worried something's wrong. Has anyone had a similar experience - ovulating normally then BAM suddenly stopping? Also, I'm nearly 34 and am starting to feel impatient with 35 creeping up on me!

2ndDestiny Thu 27-Aug-09 16:17:39

Hi Zayja

I have had something similar since my mmc in January, except that my AF disappeared too. In my case it turns out I have PCOS, but i had always ov'd before, so my Gynae predicted that I would start again. AF is now back after being awol for 6 months and this cycle is looking promising.

I would get your GP to do a day 21 progesterone test to check that you really are not ovulating as OPK's can sometimes be unreliable. Also I'm not sure what good progesterone cream would do, since low progesterone is a symptom, not a cause, of anovulation.

However there are various therapies that can induce ovulation, but first you would need to establish the cause of the problem - for that you need hormone tests and an ultrasound scan.

Sorry for your loss. I do know how disheartening it is after the heartache of a mmc to find that your body just isn't cooperating. Fingers crossed there's nothing wrong and things are just taking a long time to get back to normal - but if I were you I'd push to get it checked out.

Best of luck.

zayja Thu 27-Aug-09 16:31:27

Thanks for your response 2ndDestiny. I called my GP today and she's yet to get back to me. I will inquire about the day 21 progesterone test. It is hard when your body's not cooperating, I'm glad I'm not the only one going through it. Also, glad that you're getting back to normal after a bad spell. Best of luck to you too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now