Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone ever conceived without seeing any fertile CM?

(10 Posts)
2ndDestiny Thu 27-Aug-09 10:30:52

Fertility Friend thinks I have recently ovulated for the first time in 7 months following a mc. I have PCOS. However at the time of ov I didn't get much EWCM at all. I think I had a tiny bit, but mixed up with the more lotion-like CM (sorry for TMI). I can't for the life of me remember if I had EWCM when I conceived last time, I paid no attention. I think I have had it in the past though. Just wondering if this means my hormones are still up the creep in spite of (possibly) ovulating.

Thanks for any advice / experiences.

FanjolinaJolie Thu 27-Aug-09 11:37:00

If your temperatures show a sustained bi-phasic rise then I would say it is certainly quite possible what you have ovulated.

I remember reading stories posted on FF by women who have conceived with little or no CM, although you would have to time BD very clode to ovulation if there is no CM to sustain the sperm. There is lots of unfounded advice about how to increase CM (grapefruit juice/cough medicine etc) but the best advice is to drink the recommended amount of water to avoid being dehydrated.

Can you post a link to your chart and I'll take a look? I'm by no means an expert but have been using FF for five years to conceive 2 dds and also as contraception.

2ndDestiny Thu 27-Aug-09 12:19:25

thanks Fanjolina... here is my chart

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/292818

It's probably too early to confirm ov but it looks like a distinct possibility - however now I'm worried that either, I might be ovulating 'suboptimally' and have low oestrogen levels (hence lack of CM), OR even if ov is fine, there's not enough CM for the sperm! Honestly, one problem sorts itself out and I find something else to worry about... hmm

FanjolinaJolie Thu 27-Aug-09 14:05:55

The fact you have a solid red line from FF is very encouraging. Can you remember from your cycles prior to your mc or even from the cycle where you did get pg when you ovulated?

thedollshouse Thu 27-Aug-09 14:07:34

I am 7 weeks pregnant and didn't see any CM this time round.

2ndDestiny Thu 27-Aug-09 15:22:36

Thanks Dollshouse that is encouraging - and congrats on the BFP.

Thanks for checking my chart Fanjolina. I've never charted or paid attention to ov before but have always (until things went haywire this year) had cycles of roughly 32/33 days (which I believe were ovulatory - I have had 2 instant pregnancies). When I got pg last time I think I ov'd on day 16/17. So day 18 on my chart seems about right, but I don't think I'll believe it til my temps stay up for the whole luteal phase and AF arrives...

ShowOfHands Thu 27-Aug-09 15:29:18

I had a textbook cycle, lots of ovulation pain, ewcm, temp shift at the right time etc. It took 14 months to conceive and then I had a miscarriage. My cycle returned to normal in length but had no ewcm, strange temp pattern with a shift but odd drops and random temps and no ovulation pain. I thought I was having anovulatory cycles and thought about seeing the GP but within 2 months I was pregnant. So yes, it happens.

2ndDestiny Thu 27-Aug-09 15:34:45

Thanks ShowofHands - another encouraging story. This is only the first (possible) cycle after a very weird 6 months so maybe it will just take a bit more time for things to settle into a more normal pattern and I ought to stop finding stuff to worry about!

SatHereSitting Thu 27-Aug-09 15:45:41

Just wanted to say I never had any ewcm either and I definately searched high and low for it grin but there was never any. Tried grapefruit juice and evening primrose oil but nothing helped. Anyway I have a 16 week old ds now so it can't matter that much smile

2ndDestiny Thu 27-Aug-09 17:46:46

Thanks SatHereSitting, again that gives me hope that everything will be fine (know what you mean about searching hi and low! )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now