Talk

Advanced search

Mc at 4 weeks - should i go to dr's?

(6 Posts)
ladymoo Wed 26-Aug-09 14:12:57

Have had heavy bleeding & clotting yesterday & today so pretty sure is mc. Do i need to go to gp? If so what would they do?

Thank you

Meglet Wed 26-Aug-09 14:19:16

sad. I had one at 6 weeks and didn't go to the doctors, although I did call the early pregnancy unit and they said it was ok to let it happen naturally.

ladymoo Wed 26-Aug-09 14:21:59

Thanks Meglet, sorry to hear about your mc, is hard tbh i am glad you say that, i don't really fancy getting prodded or whatever they may do, just want to get body back to normal & try again.

Thank you x

skihorse Wed 26-Aug-09 14:35:10

I went to the doctors as I had an appointment anyway which I was going to use to confirm. I used it as an opportunity to "register" it - I believe the NHS are more supportive in treatment/investigation once you hit a marker of loss.

skihorse Wed 26-Aug-09 14:36:08

PS I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

barrenbrook Sat 29-Aug-09 18:23:08

Ladymoo, sorry for your loss sad

I hope I can help a little bit, I had a m/c at about 6 weeks and had the same, heavy bleeding and clotting, I went to the docs who sent me to the local Early Pregnancy Unit who gave me a scan and confirmed it. They booked me in for an ERPC as not all of it had come out (tmi) and they thought it may have been molar (fortunately after a few weeks of tests it was confirmed 'normal') The EPU were soooo supportive and lovely, which helped alot.

For peace of mind (as sometimes your body may need some help in the natural m/c process) I would go see the doc and as skihorse says, better to get it registered that it's happened too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now