Talk

Advanced search

morning after pill failed, 6weeks pregnant, danger?

(6 Posts)
ndl Mon 30-May-05 15:27:05

i took the mapill 48 hours after an {accident! found out last week im pregnant after doing home pregnancy three times....line faint, then nothing, then strong.....went to double check with the doc and she said i was. as im in japan had problems understanding everything.....but was wondering if the morning after pill can damage the baby??? also when she inserted the ultrasound camera for a look around...she couldnt see a baby but an enlarged right ovary and then started talking about cystic ovaries and ectopic pregnancies......but could possible just be hormonal???can anyone shed any light on waht she was talking about?? im confused...but was in so much shock that couldnt really ask much in there at the time...although now am coming around to the idea of having a baby...!will the little thing be ok??

noddyholder Mon 30-May-05 15:28:09

I would go back as you are more at risk of an ectopic pregnancy with the morning after pill HTH

Toothache Mon 30-May-05 15:29:55

ndl - My friend has 2 dds after the MAP failed twice. Both fine.

Do they think its ectopic?? If they thought that then they would never let you just walk out without checking.

The MAP really shouldn't do any harm to the baby... really. The egg probably wasn't even fertilised when you took it. Honestly don't worry.

Will you go for another scan to check everything since they couldn't see much this time?

expatinscotland Mon 30-May-05 15:39:49

I had a cyst on my ovary after conceiving DD. It's very possible your ovaries could have a cyst on them b/c of hormones. Go back for a follow-up scan until it's determined the baby is in the uterus.

The MAP shouldn't harm the baby.

LGJ Mon 30-May-05 16:42:47

I have a friend who took the MAP, then went on to have surgery on her gall bladder and then discovered that she was PG,........ her little girl is gorgeous.[sp]

ndl Wed 01-Jun-05 17:33:06

what a relief...thanks everyone!!am going for follow up scan on tuesday...followed byy a game of netball if alls ok........grreat!!just have to find the jap boyfriend a job in the uk now.....anyone want to sponser a fantastic sushi chef...he needs a visa!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now