Talk

Advanced search

Your best ttc advice and "tricks"....

(22 Posts)
Angifi Wed 26-Aug-09 06:38:44

First, forgive me if there has already been a thread on this, because I didn't want to trawl through 43 pages to find out!

I just want to hear from others who might have some tips about what helped them to get pregnant, other than the usual - just shag alot.

I love hearing other peoples stories, so please share...

bigchris Wed 26-Aug-09 06:53:23

hi everyone told me to ttc from day 14 of my cycle but i figured out i got pregnant on day 10 both times
my gp said to have sex every three days as the sperm can live for three days
good luck, are you ttc your first?

Angifi Wed 26-Aug-09 07:23:59

No, definately not my first(have got 5), but because I am now considered ^"advanced maternal age"^ I just want to hear all the ideas and tips out there in case I missed something!
I love hearing about other's experiences too.

belgo Wed 26-Aug-09 07:27:58

Don't cough or sneeze straight after having sex.

Eat grapefruit to increase cervical mucus.

turtle23 Wed 26-Aug-09 07:28:48

Preseed. After over a year trying first time round got pg first time with it. Second time round was on month three but think I got times wrong on try number two. Don't know why it works, but it does.

DevilsAdvocaat Wed 26-Aug-09 07:44:26

female orgasm after he comes is my top tip!

bluesnowfalcon Wed 26-Aug-09 07:47:34

I've heard the sex every 2 - 3 days is good as there is always sperm in you to meet the egg when it is dispensed!

tattycoram Wed 26-Aug-09 10:51:47

What's preseed?

barbie1 Wed 26-Aug-09 11:03:45

maybe try reflexology??? i had a mmc last sept and tried everything to get pregnant, opks...temping you name it i did it!

anyway the 2 months before falling pregnant i had reflex, the therapist picked up that i had some problems with my tubes and overies so i had a few more sessions and here i am 15 weeks pregnant! grin good luck....

ps...it hurts like hell if theydo find any problem points!

turtle23 Wed 26-Aug-09 17:48:50

preseed

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 26-Aug-09 18:13:54

Ovulation is not an exact science and it can occur earlier, later or not at all in any given cycle.

Even normally fertile women have the occasional anovulatory period.

Do NOT go down the route of "timed" intercourse. It can do more harm than good within a relationship, make love when you both feel like it and not just when you think its "ovulation "time.

Position is immaterial, no one position is shown to increase conception over another.

Do not use temp charting or OPK's at all in the event that your cycle is consistently irregular.

A "normal" cycle is a cycle length of between 21 and 35 days OR if there is less than 4 days of variation from month to month.

If periods are consistently irregular and or painful in nature get this checked out sooner rather than later. If the nature of your periods changes over time get this investigated further too.

If you have been ttc for a year without success you should seek medical help. The same applies if you're over 35 and have been ttc for six months without success.

TotalRockChick Wed 26-Aug-09 18:44:09

I've been TTC for 18 months since coming off the contraceptive injection and gp says nothing to do until 24 months after coming off injection anyone have any suggestions what might help? Didn't menstruate for 9 months immediately post-final injection, then had five regular, standard, now have gone without for three almost four months not even a sign of one in the near future any suggestions gratefully received ... x

emma2617 Wed 26-Aug-09 19:22:15

sorry to hijack...barbie1 CONGRATULATIONS!!! I remember you from the March 09 thread when you had a lot of problems and lost your baby...I am soooooo happy to see your now 15 weeks! Hope you have a quick healthy happy pregnancy!!

Meanbeansmum Wed 26-Aug-09 19:54:50

No laughing at me ok......Using a moon cup after sex to stop the sperm escaping and then spend 30 mins with bum up in the air, headstand handstand etc.
(sold in boots (or google it) meant for af).

Female orgasm after sex. ;)

Lots of sex, I know this sounds daft but I still beleive that many women who are trying don't catch because they don't dtd enough. I don't mean to offend anyone by that but I think the shelf life of the egg is soooo short (I know they say up to 48 hours but I read it's more like 6 hours) and how many die on the way up/don't survive or make it/ are damaged etcetcetc. My dh has said his balls have packed up and gone into hiding pmpl. Looking at my chart we have dtd 28 times and we are on cd 18. God it's embarrassing really. I hope it works this month (if not more fun next month lol).

Oh and my favourite....sex at 3am!!! Maybe it's because we are more likely to ovulate at night when hormone levels are raised. It just works lol. DS2 was a 3am nookie baby lol!

Oh and lots of chocolate........just because it's a damn good excuse! ;)

barbie1 Thu 27-Aug-09 05:14:18

thanks emma smile

FanjolinaJolie Mon 31-Aug-09 15:20:20

Lots of sex, fun sex whenever you feel like it.

Female orgasm after male.

I lay on my tummy for 10 mins afterwards, heard this from a friend. Did work for me as I have two dds but who knows if that made any difference!

wb Mon 31-Aug-09 15:35:11

To lie on my tummy after sex with my hips on a pillow (I have a reflexed vagina).

Conceived ds1 one week after being given this advice (after 10 months of trying). Ds2 was conceived very quickly too, using same technique.

Obviously this advice would be useless if your internal layout is normal.

justbeenforapromenade Mon 31-Aug-09 16:34:05

I conceived the first time after 3 years of trying by standing on my head after friends' recommendations, resulted in gorgeous dd. I'm now recently preg again after a couple of mishaps so fingers crossed.

Have fun trying!!

theDMplagiarisedLeonie Mon 31-Aug-09 16:44:34

Message withdrawn

theDMplagiarisedLeonie Mon 31-Aug-09 16:46:47

Message withdrawn

Conundrumish Mon 31-Aug-09 20:57:47

agnus castus
cranial osteopathy
Robitussin expectorant
lots of alcohol to relax me in the lead up!

TotalRockChick Wed 02-Sep-09 17:53:02

OMG you guys x Thanks for all the tips! I too have that backwards tilt uterus thing going on, so am defo gonna try lots of sex, especially at 3am and sticking pillow under hips afterward. Have been attempting legs in air technique recently but DH laughs at me and I'm sure the dogs do too .. pmsl ;) And special thanks Pinkpanettone, I'm glad I'm not the only one wanting a glass of fizzy to chill me out in our quest for parenthood!! Keep your fingers crossed I'll keep you updated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now