Talk

Advanced search

Double trouble - my sister and I both pregnant!!

(9 Posts)
chestnutlady Tue 25-Aug-09 10:10:18

I am in shock! My sister called me yesterday to tell me she had done a test and was pregnant. She hadn't been trying and so it is an accident, but a happy one, after she got over the initial shock. Then I did a test this morning and I am pregnant too!!! How spooky!! I have been trying so it is planned. Very happy and excited - I am going to be an aunty AND a mum!
Leah, 29

msrisotto Tue 25-Aug-09 10:27:25

Oh you lucky thing! I imagine it would be the best thing ever to share this with you sister!

Cosmosis Tue 25-Aug-09 10:30:34

How lovely congratulations to you both!

Bettymum Tue 25-Aug-09 10:32:26

Spooky! Congratulations!
I had my DD 7 weeks after my sister had hers, it was lovely being pregnant together and bumping our bumps together

hanaflowerhatestheDM Tue 25-Aug-09 10:36:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chestnutlady Tue 25-Aug-09 11:06:12

Thanks everyone :-) she just went and had a scan this morning, they think she's 6 weeks gone. I am probably only 1-2 weeks. Can't wait!!

pigleychez Tue 25-Aug-09 12:23:32

Same happened to me last year.

Sister and I have babys 8 weeks apart. Both girls and they now play nicely together.
Was nice to share this together and turn to each other for support and advice (and baby clothes!)

Congratulations to you both! grin

pigleychez Tue 25-Aug-09 12:26:12

chesnut- just checking you know that they count how many weeks you are from the first day of your last period.
If you are late and just tested then you will nearer 4 weeks pregnant.

Babies could be even closer in age!

chestnutlady Tue 25-Aug-09 12:45:47

Yes I just got back from the doc and they said I was 5 weeks, even though conception may have been 1-2 weeks. So strange - I feel like it must be a dream!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now