Talk

Advanced search

A completely pointless thread speculating as to whether or not I might be pg

(11 Posts)
BumperliciousVsTheDailyHate Mon 24-Aug-09 16:35:17

Ok, so this is only the 2 month of seriously TTC DC2, but now I have set my mind on it it is all I can think about.

Last month I had a completely textbook cycle (not taken any notice till then), 28 days, ovulating day 14, I could feel the stabbing pain of ovulation last month, then my period came 14 days later. Assuming the same this month DH and I aimed for the same time period (because god forbid we have sex when we don't need to grin). I didn't notice the stabbing pain on day 14 as before, but DH and I carried on. On day 19 I suddenly felt a familiar pain and text DH saying I might have ovulated late, so we did the deed again.

Anyway since then I have been feeling a bit achey in my abdomen, and slightly twitchy. I just remember with DD that it felt like I was due on my period. I feel like that and have done for a few days but my period isn't due till Friday. I was just googling early pg symptoms and someone suggested that the stabbing pain may be implantation. The other thing is that I have a tiny bit of fluid leaking out of my nipples. Is that usual if you aren't pg?

Anyway, obviously no one can tell me if I am pg or not, I was interested to hear other people's opinions and their experience of 'feeling' pg in the very early stages.

claireinthecommunity Mon 24-Aug-09 16:53:35

Watching with interest, I'm now in the 1WW of 3rd month of trying for baby no.1 and as OP said ..."it is all I can think about."

..."(because god forbid we have sex when we don't need to grin)." Quite right grin

jennybensmummy Mon 24-Aug-09 16:56:13

sounds positive but then who knows, im ttc and have been for last 20 months and still nothing and habe convinced myself numerous times that the signs are there!! finegrs crossed for you, do a test to see, could get false negative if did ov late though but on other hand could get a positive!!!

mampam Mon 24-Aug-09 16:59:34

I had absolutely no symptoms what so ever other than missing AF with my DD and with my DS I had an acute sense of smell (well I could smell some hay being cut in a field that was far away and no one else could smell it!).

I had no other symptoms at all until way after I had a BFP. Not very helpful I know.

I had fluid coming out of one nipple in my last cycle (when I squeezed it out) but I wasn't up the duff. Unfortunately there aren't any rules or regulations about symptoms it's just a waiting game I'm afraid.

BumperliciousVsTheDailyHate Mon 24-Aug-09 17:52:23

Ah mampam, that's disappointing, I thought the colostrum thing was my trump card!

Meanbeansmum Mon 24-Aug-09 17:57:42

Ooooooo good luck hunni! I hope you get your BFP!

BumperliciousVsTheDailyHate Wed 26-Aug-09 21:55:14

Gah, period this month

I hate this stage. I've made my decision, I have a 'window' of idealness. Doesn't help that I am not enjoying my job and am looking to pg as a light at the end of the tunnel (not ideal I know, it's not the only reason though).

LackaDAISYcal Wed 26-Aug-09 22:00:54

sorry you aren't PG this month lovely sad and no advice on the symptoms as all mine have been markedly different, but I just wanted to come over all big sisterly and say try and relax a bit more as you'll just end up in a right old fankle if things don't go to plan!

Nancy10 Thu 27-Aug-09 09:13:01

It took me about 18 months to conceive 2nd time around. Every month 'I felt pregnant' and wasn't. The day I took a pregnancy test and it was positive was the biggest shock of my life. Although we'd been trying I'd started to give up and only did the test because I happened to find one when I was cleaning the bathroom. My periods were irregular so I always left it quite a long time before testing. The day the test was positive I didn't feel pregnant at all and took about 5 more tests, all positive but I still couldn't believe it.
When I went for my 12 week scan I was really worried there would be nothing on the screen. I was more worried 2nd time around then I was the first. I think this was because if anything went wrong it would mean possibly another 18 months of trying again. Everything was fine and we had a real shock when the scan showed we were having 3 babies! Now aged 5!

Nancy10 Thu 27-Aug-09 09:14:39

Sorry I meant 2 babies not 3. God maybe thats a sign. We are trying again....

BumperliciousVsTheDailyHate Thu 27-Aug-09 13:20:38

Thanks for the words of support. I cannot imagine what it must be like for people who have long term fertility problems.

This just goes completely against my nature of wanting to be in control. Must get back to reading Buddhism for Mothers grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now