Talk

Advanced search

Pg test negative. No period.

(9 Posts)
IlanaK Fri 21-Aug-09 17:30:35

Dh and I were not trying to conceive, but had unprotected sex once this month. I wondered if I might be pregnant (this would be dc 4) so took a pg test today. It was negative.

I have long cycles. This is the third cycle since my periods have returned after ds3. The first, I did not write down. The second was 37 days. I am today on day 35. I have no period symptoms - normally get bad back pain, cramps, etc before period due. I just feel "normal".

Sooooo.....can you all look in your crystal balls please and tell me if I am pregnant?

MamaKaty Fri 21-Aug-09 18:40:21

You don't mention in your post at what time in your cycle you and DH had unprotected sex - was it during your fertile period?
It's possible for a pregnancy test to give a false negative if there isn't enough HcG yet but perhaps you're just going to have an even longer cycle this month?
Hope you get the result you want either way!

IlanaK Fri 21-Aug-09 20:04:51

It was fairly early in the cycle that we had sex. Not sure exactly - I think around day 10?

IlanaK Sat 22-Aug-09 20:18:55

Ok, still no period today. I had some cramps yesterday and thought "ah, it is going to come now", but they disappeared today.

Very confused.

IlanaK Sun 23-Aug-09 21:12:31

Ok, someone respond to this please! Still no period today (day 37 which is how long my last cycle was). No cramps really, maybe a few small niggles. And I feel really randy blush - what is that about??

IlanaK Sun 23-Aug-09 21:54:16

No-one?? Put me out of my misery!

MrsHappy Sun 23-Aug-09 21:59:13

Cramps and feeling randy makes me think maybe you are ovulating.

I know that when my periods first came back I had a few cycles that were very irregular and I would get cramps etc when my body geared up to ovulate.

IlanaK Sun 23-Aug-09 22:06:56

I can't possibly be ovulating on day 37 surely???

MrsHappy Sun 23-Aug-09 22:13:11

Late ovulation is what causes women to have longer cycles (i.e they don't ovulate on day 14, and then their period is a corresponding number of days late). And if your periods have just returned they could be irregular to begin with...

Alternatively it could be an anovulatory cycle, which is pretty normal from time to time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now