Talk

Advanced search

Mirena removal, please help!!!!

(9 Posts)
Shevvy27 Wed 19-Aug-09 23:31:57

Well, here goes...
I had Mirena removed nearly 1 month ago, to TTC, I'm a little worried at the minute as I haven't yet had a period. I have also been using ovulution kits but it looks like I'm not ovulating either, can someone help to set my mind at ease by giving me an insight as to what should/shouldn't happen to your body e.g how long for a period/ovulation etc after Mirena as I feel like an Asexual being at the minute....I had mirena for nearly 5 years with no periods
Yours desperately Shevvy xxx

barrenbrook Thu 20-Aug-09 13:06:58

Hi Shevvy, i had a mirena coil in for about 3 years and had no periods at all. I had it removed in Oct last year and it took a good 8 weeks from what i remember until i had a period and even then it was just literally a day of light bleeding and then it stopped. I guess it takes a while for the hormones to get out your system and for your body to readjust. I wouldn't worry too much x

barrenbrook Thu 20-Aug-09 13:11:53

oh, and i meant to say, i did fall pregnant (although miscarried at 6 or so weeks, i wasn't sure whether the light bleed was a period or not!) I do remember the nurse telling me to wait until i'd had a proper period before ttc. I'm sure all will be fine matey, hope this ramble helps! X

Shevvy27 Thu 20-Aug-09 21:10:42

Thankyou barrenbrook, I think I just needed some reassurance from a 'real' person that has been through the same! I guess relaxing would be the best option (easier said) but thankyou once again for the advice
take good care Shevvy xxx

Elle01 Fri 21-Aug-09 12:58:46

Please don't worry - had mirena in for 3 years had it removed and it took a couple of months for everything to be what I felt was normal ! I know it's really hard as when you decide to have a baby you just want to get pregnant immediately ! Try and relax and try not to put too much expectations on yourself ! Good luck

sandcastles Fri 21-Aug-09 13:11:30

I think mine took about 6 weeks to come.

VJaybigpants Fri 21-Aug-09 13:19:40

I had mine out and bled for about 10 days, I took this to be my period, so started ttc after that, got pg then miscarried, so definatley wait, i'm sure af will turn up soon. Good luck smile

mumcah Fri 21-Aug-09 21:21:06

this is interesting to me as a couple of women here had miscarriages straight after the removal of the Mirena Coil.Me too!I had the coil removed in march,bled heavily for a week (clots but no pain)and got pregnant a week after.Sadly had a MMC,I was 9 weeks but measured 5.
We're trying again now but the Dr said I should have waited at least one cycle after having it removed.
I was using cheap OV kits off the internet but bought some proper Boots ones this month and the line was strong.Could be that you didn't test for OV at the right time?

Shevvy27 Fri 21-Aug-09 23:27:02

First of all I am so sorry to hear of you ladies miscarrying, I can't imagine how awful that is, it must have been awful for you! I really wish you all the best with future pregnancies!
Mumcah, you maybe right on that as I just bought cheap OV kits from Wilko's, so maybe I did OV but it didn't register... who knows.
Well I started cramping tonight at work so hopefull AF will be paying her much welcomed visit very soon!
Thankyou ladies for your help, It's so nice to feel you're not alone in all of this, I really appreciate you taking time to agive me your help on this question.
love and babydust Shevvy xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now