Do you think it's ok to TTC with my dd2 still in the contagious phase of her chicken pox? I'm still waiting for my LH surge but am wondering if I should just hold off until next month. I've had chicken pox before, my DD1 had it 2 weeks ago (dd2 caught it from dd1) so I think I'm ok but I don't know if I'm tempting fate or over-worrying for no reason.
As an aside, is anyone using the Clearblue ovulation kits? Are you testing yourself first thing in the morning or waiting until the evening? I've been testing myself first thing in the morning but yesterday I read it was better to do it in the afternoon, so today I did it twice - what a freak!
Am also a bit confused about my readings. A couple of days ago the second line (the one that's supposed to get darker to indicate LH surge) was getting darker but still wasn't as dark as the control line, now it's almost disappeared. Should I keep testing? Did I miss something? Like my LH surge???
OPK's are not without their problems anyway and if your menstrual cycle is irregular I would not be using them at all. These kits work on two misleading principles; namely that there is only one LH surge and that such a surge is immediately followed by ovulation. Both of these are simply not true!.
Would stop using the OPK's forthwith and take the pressure off your own self by using such things in the first place.
Would make love as well when you both feel like it and stop thinking about missing potential LH surges.
You are almost certainly immune and have nothing to worry about. Personally I wouldn't put my life on hold about it. But If you're that inclined to worry, I suggest you wait a month to TTC; by then you will have had CP yourself again (so then you will definitely have immunity in future) or you won't have had CP again (in which case you know that you are still immune, including into the future). Both win-win situations. It's only a month.
Sorry I don't know anything about TTC kits/reading etc., that's something I never had to do.