Talk

Advanced search

Well, it looks as if egg share is out of the question...

(15 Posts)
OracleInaCoracle Mon 17-Aug-09 17:29:41

really, really fucked off. spoken to clinic today and they have had to pass our application to head of unit because of the recurrent mc and the health problems on my mums side (she is v overweight and has health issues as a result, which she loves to add to) not to mention my depression (of course im depressed, we have been ftc for 4y and lost 10 babies)

should have answer by end of week. chromosone studies showed no problems, general concensus seems to be that mc's are down to implantation.

really dont think this is going to happen sad

OracleInaCoracle Mon 17-Aug-09 21:23:10

and poor dh is copping out!

HaggisNeepsnTatties Mon 17-Aug-09 21:25:54

So sorry Lissie..hope you have better news at the end of the week.

OracleInaCoracle Mon 17-Aug-09 21:30:06

thanks, its just so frustrating. i mean its partly their fault that this is happening.

differentDM Mon 17-Aug-09 22:37:52

So sorry you are going through this Lissie. I know you are fed up of people saying it will be all right, and I really really hope that it's just so you can get any extra help you need.

expatinscotland Mon 17-Aug-09 22:39:09

dammit, lissie! hope it still can work out for you, though.

cedar12 Tue 18-Aug-09 09:50:20

Oh Lissie, I hope you get some good news at the end of the week.

bethoo Tue 18-Aug-09 10:08:27

so sorry
but i still cant see how your mums health issues should affect the outcome since they are due to her weight problems.
i obviously dont know the full story but thoughts are with you.
but just because they had to pass it to the head surely does not mean that it is over?
<<<hugs>>>>

OracleInaCoracle Tue 18-Aug-09 11:51:24

the problem with my mum is that she is a total hypochondriac, when we were kids she would exagerate our illnesses, and with the advent of google has discovered a whole new world of ailments. she self-diagnosed fibromyalgia (although her simillarly overweight and less than trustworthy sister has it, there are no other records of family members suffering) and convinced the doctor that this was the case. they have lived on IB and DLA since i can remember. my call to find out about family history took 45 mins. and i had to declare it all.

feel a bit better about it today, they havent said no yet and i still have most of the bits needed to concieve.

differentDM Tue 18-Aug-09 18:24:05

just point out to them, if they bring up your mother, that you are yourself- an individual and completely seperate entity from your mum. Fingers still crossed for you.x

OracleInaCoracle Wed 19-Aug-09 08:28:49

thanks, have told mum that i need a letter from her gp stating that her health problems are largely environmental and will request same from my gp. things like childhood asthma, lived in a house of smokers etc.

LilRedWG Wed 19-Aug-09 09:46:27

xxx

OracleInaCoracle Thu 20-Aug-09 16:15:58

thanks red, dont know whether to call today.

cedar12 Fri 21-Aug-09 19:08:41

Lissie really hope it was good news today. Keeping everything crossed.

OracleInaCoracle Sat 22-Aug-09 10:23:18

thanks but eggshare coordinator isnt in til tuesday angry so have to wait weekend!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now