Talk

Advanced search

OPKs and pregnancy?

(4 Posts)
lumpasmelly Sun 16-Aug-09 15:05:35

hi all! i was wondering if any of you experienced BDs can help with this question. I did an OPK a couple of weeks ago (well - it was not last sunday but the sunday before in the AM - so just over 14 days ago) and it was positive. Hubby and I did lots of BDing around the time, and as of today there is still no sign of AF....however I have had period like cramping for the poast few days, so it feels like I SHOULD be having it! Does anyone know whether or not it is too early to test whether or not i am pregnant? I can't remember how soon after a positive OPK result that you are supposed to ovulate, and therfore when I am "officially" late.....I suppose I could just go and get a test and test anyway, but I was trying to be good, and only test when I REALLY thought that AF was well and truly late!!!! (masochistic, I know, but I did go through a phase of spending a fortune on early response pregnancy tests and I promised my husband I would control the habit!!!) I have an irregular cycle BTW, so the fact that today is day 32 could mean nothing as my cycle varies between 30 and 34 days!!!

makemineamagnum Sun 16-Aug-09 21:56:51

Hiya,

When I was using OPK's the box said that when you got a + you would ovulate in the next 48hrs. Yours might be different but it gives you an idea. If you buy the expensive ClearBlue predictor pg test you can test from 4 days before your AF is due or if you buy FirstResponse you can test from 6 days before.
Go and buy a test!!

lumpasmelly Mon 17-Aug-09 14:58:15

I did!....and got a BFP!!! hurray!!!!

Lulubee Mon 17-Aug-09 14:59:40

Hurray!! Very pleased for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now